whonunuwho profile image 83

Should we try to understand those we respond to more, before we engage in voicing our own feelings?

After being the subject of an attack on my profession in writing and a former one, I was extremely angry, until I read the profile of the one who was so forceful and seemed to be driven by his unkind remarks. I read how life had been such a burden to this individual and could only guess at what he had been through in his years. He lost many family members and suffered greatly. I began to understand why he felt and voiced his opinions so strongly. Should we not all take a closer look before we condemn others?

SidKemp profile image95

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

whonunuwho profile image83

whonunuwho says

• kathryn1000 profile image

kathryn1000 3 years ago

Apart from the effect on the other,we feel better if we do good things. it helps us and the other too So restraint helps us... if we can wait for our rage to die down.

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 3 years ago

Duffsmom - I agree with you. And, at the same time, if others don't seek to listen first, I'm not going to focus on that. I'll do what I can do. I'll lead by example, then ask to be treated civilly. If yes, friendship restored. If not, time to let go