Should I leave an unpublished hub unpublished if the score remains high?

I unpublished a hub as I was not happy with it myself, but the score continues to remain high. I never intend to publish it in the future, and I know the score will eventually drop due to no views, but will leaving it unpublished as opposed to deleting it while the score remains high, effect my overall hubber score?

Best Answer peachy (peachpurple) says

Hi peachpurple, thanks so much for answering. Yes, I could change up the story, as it is a fiction piece to where I would be happy with it, as that is what really matters.

jonnycomelately profile image87

Alan (jonnycomelately) says

Hi jonnycomelately, I love your hub name! Yes, I do not write with the intention to earn money, it is just if I am really happy with the writing, but do not want it to affect my overall hubber score. Thanks for answering!

Sherry Hewins profile image94

Sherry Hewins says

Hi Sherry, thanks for answering. Yes, that really does seem to be the case.

tillsontitan profile image90

Mary Craig (tillsontitan) says

Hi Mary (Till), thanks for the answer. Well, it was the hub for billybuc's writing contest, and I just wasn't happy with it, and now I was just wondering if, over a period of time, it would have any affect on my overall hubber score.

Rock_nj profile image90

John Coviello (Rock_nj) says

Hi Rock_nj, thanks for answering and I may just do that; however, I was a hub I had written for billybuc's creative writing contest, and I had withdrew it, and the contest is over, but I can still have it published as a hub, but it is a little late.

WryLilt profile image86

Susannah Birch (WryLilt) says

Hi WryLilt, thanks so much for the answer. It is not over 6+ months old.

Hi dashingscorpio, I agree, I do not care as to the popularity of the hub itself, as I, myself, was not happy with it, as it lacked that certain something, so I unpublished it, although it did receive great comments and views.

whynot1 profile image84

whynot1 says

Hi whynot1, thanks for the great answer and idea here! I may just do that very thing.