Imogen French profile image 91

Is it worth it? All this writing, photographing and editing, and page views are still going down.

I wonder if I am wasting my time here on Hubpages, I pour my heart out and share my best recipes, I have written 72 hubs over the last year and a half, I feel that the quality and content of my hubs has improved since I began, but page views are going down instead of up - I've only had 27 page views today! What is going wrong? I do enjoy writing and making hubs, but am starting to feel disheartened.

TNT Husky profile image88

Devlin Kendall (TNT Husky) says

Cerebral Aspect profile image88

Cerebral Aspect says

• Imogen French profile image

Imogen French 3 years ago

I do use twitter, pinterest and my own blog to promote my hubs, but never more than once or twice per hub as I don't like to overdo it, and only get a limited response from this

susi10 profile image95

Susan W (susi10) says

Claudia Tello profile image89

Claudia Tello says

• Imogen French profile image

Imogen French 3 years ago

Thanks for your reply Claudia. We like to think we don't do it for the money - but a little incentive would not go amiss - some reward for all our hard work.

TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94

TIMETRAVELER2 says

• Imogen French profile image

Imogen French 3 years ago

Thanks time traveller, that sounds like good advice. I think the whole internet is saturated with articles about everything you can imagine, it's kind of hard to think of a new subject matter without it being too "niche", but I do have some ideas!

ChitrangadaSharan profile image83

Chitrangada Sharan (ChitrangadaSharan) says

• Imogen French profile image

Imogen French 3 years ago

Thanks for your input, I think the problem is site-wide, and all the changes that keep happening don't make it any easier. While we are all busy trying to keep our own hubs featured, we don't have as much time to support each other.

Abby Campbell profile image94

Abby Campbell says

• Imogen French profile image

Imogen French 3 years ago

Hi Abby, I think the apprenticeship program certainly helps as you get a lot of support. I applied once but was rejected because I filled the form out wrong or something. sounds like it is working for you :)

tirelesstraveler profile image86

Judy Specht (tirelesstraveler) says

• Imogen French profile image

Imogen French 3 years ago

Yes, the main thing is to enjoy it. I do get satisfaction out of creating a nice hub, and don't really mind too much about the money side of it. It would just be nice to get some decent stats again.