MDavisatTIERS profile image 92

How has your writing improved since your first article for HP?

I would like to understand how you use HP as a resource for improving your Hubs. Do you find additional inspiration from reading other Hubs? Do you use the specific writing articles to learn more about the mechanics of a good Hub? Do you write differently for HP than for a personal blog or other publications?

NornsMercy profile image86

Chace (NornsMercy) says

• MDavisatTIERS profile image

Marilyn L Davis (MDavisatTIERS) 3 years ago

Hi. I appreciate your answers. The overriding theme is learn from others and HP and your directions will help me watch for lingo, buzzwords and slang. Thanks

Stephanie Henkel profile image99

Stephanie Henkel says

• MDavisatTIERS profile image

Thank you for your response, and for sharing what you have done to improve. As a new writer, I did not want to assume how best to be a better writer, but to actually learn from people like yourself. Again, thanks.

96

Robbie C Wilson says

• MDavisatTIERS profile image

Hi Robbie,

The tried and true: write, revise, edit, and rewrite. What I appreciate about HP is the help that people like yourself are willing to offer. Thank you for sharing what has worked for you on HP.

• MDavisatTIERS profile image

I appreciate you sharing what has worked for you. Again, you've reinforced that the learning center is the "go to place" to help improve. Thanks for the information.

0

Ben Blackwell says

• MDavisatTIERS profile image

Hi Ben,

So pleased you responded. I like your Hub on semicolons. I tend to use them; realizing that they serve a defined purpose. You explained how and when to use them quite well.

Thanks also for your emphasis on formatting and organization.