peeples profile image 88

Is my hub's quality bad based on one swear word?

I have had a hub unfeatured due to engagement but never quality. Now I publish a hub with one cuss word in it and it's poor quality by HP standards. It has all the required number of words, pictures, and I even put a poll in it even though I felt it was completely inappropriate. So the only thing I can figure is that one word caused it. So can one word cause unfeatured?

JohnGreasyGamer profile image89

John Roberts (JohnGreasyGamer) says

• MizBejabbers profile image

MizBejabbers 3 years ago

John, I just had to laugh. When I was a kid in high school and college, back in the dark ages, f*g was slang for cigarette here in America, too. Gimme a f*g was heard regularly around the campus. I guess the now-homophobic context makes it tabu here.

Wesman Todd Shaw profile image92

Wesman Todd Shaw says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 3 years ago

Good point, maybe I can just change it without actually getting rid of the word completely. An asterisk may be a good idea.

innerspin profile image88

innerspin says

billybuc profile image85

Bill Holland (billybuc) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 3 years ago

I wouldn't take it seriously if it didn't keep me from having others read it. It bothers me because nothing I write can help others if not viewable. Maybe I'll just have to change it!

MizBejabbers says

bravewarrior profile image94

Shauna L Bowling (bravewarrior) says

• peeples profile image

Peeples 3 years ago

I have done this and there is nothing there. It shows what I need and I have met all the requirements. There is nothing about why it is not featured.

• bravewarrior profile image

Shauna L Bowling (bravewarrior) 3 years ago

The F-bomb has never gotten my hubs circled or semi-circled. The semi-circle means the hub isn't engaging. Going into edit mode will reveal why the hub was so deemed.