Jackie Lynnley profile image 75

Have you known of someone personally that was killed on graduation night?

I have, and he was about the last person I would have guessed to take such a chance. Just wondering about others here at HP that may have known someone who missed their life because of drinking and driving on graduation night.

Say Yes To Life profile image84

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

Yes, well, I imagine this would be pretty dramatic too and horrible.

lifegate profile image82

William Kovacic (lifegate) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

That is sad. I did have a couple of more friends die, 5th and 6th grade but not traffic related or any fault of their own. Those are bad enough; being that age of course.

wychic profile image80

Rebecca Mikulin (wychic) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

Thanks for the comment, it helps verify most of us know at least one person this has happened to. Your comment reminds me of an accident where I lived once a young man drinking with his girlfriend hit a fence running rail thru her neck killing her.

Faith Reaper profile image87

Faith Reaper says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

It does seem you hear of it every year but this was the only person I knew. I went all the way through school with him and he really would have been the last person I would have expected to do this. So sad; I think of him often, doubt he was even 18.