JayeWisdom profile image 93

Why would any HP writer purposely not allow comments on his/her hubs?

I just read two hubs--good ones--by an HP writer I hadn't encountered before, but neither has a Comments section. I wanted to comment on both, and the inability to do so stops me from reading any more of this writer's hubs. Why set a hub for no comments when the feedback can be so helpful and add to the community interaction?

Novel Treasure profile image85

Novel Treasure says

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 2 years ago

That may very well be the situation. Many Hubbers (and not only newbies) never read all the Learning Center material and FAQs. Thanks for your comment.

temptor94 profile image87

Ritu Temptor (temptor94) says

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 2 years ago

This was my first thought, but I checked length of membership and the writer isn't a newbie. Still, it may be an inadvertent setting. The topics of the two hubs I read weren't controversial at all, so they didn't seem the type to attract trolls.

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 2 years ago

Since the topics of both hubs I read were not controversial, were interesting and well written, they didn't seem the type of hub to attract such unpleasant people to comment. Perhaps the writer was 'bitten once, twice shy" as that old saying goes.

ReneeDC1979 profile image78

Renee' D. Campbell (ReneeDC1979) says

• fpherj48 profile image

Paula (fpherj48) 2 years ago

Only very few people will delete a comment, just due to a difference of opinion. Any time a comment is deleted it's usually because it was very personal or generally inappropriate. That's pretty rare.

Jodah profile image86

John Hansen (Jodah) says

• fpherj48 profile image

Paula (fpherj48) 2 years ago

Actually Jodah, if you really float around a lot to read work from hubbers for the first time...you'll see that the "closed to comments" is not one or only a few hubbers. U'll also see they are old timers, obviously all done w/ the comment thing?

• ReneeDC1979 profile image

Renee' D. Campbell (ReneeDC1979) 2 years ago

This is a good point fpherj48-they are writing to write - not necessarily for anyone to enjoy, comment, post a hub in response to their hub, but just to write.

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 2 years ago

Anyone who doesn't give comments a chance never realizes how helpful they can be or the friends a member can make within the HP community. I hope the hubber (no name) to which I referred has a change of mind about the matter.

Robert the Bruce profile image60

Robert the Bruce says

• fpherj48 profile image

Paula (fpherj48) 2 years ago

RtB...What you have described happens much more often in the Forums as opposed to hubs. Forums can get insane.I learned to avoid them.People get downright nasty.I tend to bite BACK. I'm the schmuck who gets banned.Not the jerk who started it all..

0

Stevie Cenko says

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 2 years ago

Since HP does allow us to monitor comments and delete spam or personal attacks, it would seem helpful (at least, it is to me) to receive comments that don't fit into those narrow categories.