cam8510 profile image 93

Why would a hub which gets single digit page views per day suddenly jump to an extreme high?

I have a hub that has been getting single digit page views per day for two and a half years. Today it has 229. Has anyone had this experience before? Any insight into what might be going on? I'm glad for the increase, but it was so sudden and extreme. My daily earnings jumped to a whopping $1.51. I'm thinking of early retirement if it lasts a day or two.

Best Answer Paula (fpherj48) says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 21 months ago

Paula, see my comment above on Keisha's coment.

Keisha Hunter profile image83

Keisha Hunter says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 21 months ago

I just figured it out. The hub is about a shipwreck on lake Michigan near my home. The Chicago Tribune did a story about new sightings of shipwrecks in the area as a result of clear waters after winter. My article is two lines down from the CT story.

CelebrateUSA profile image89

Ken Kline (CelebrateUSA) says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 21 months ago

I checked my traffic. My Google views are at 192 for the day which is unusually high for me. I did some work on the hub a few days ago to make it look and read better. Maybe it clicked up another page on Google. Thanks for the comment, Ken.

Blond Logic profile image90

Mary Wickison (Blond Logic) says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 21 months ago

Thanks Blond Logic, Maybe it will continue doing well for a few more days. I'm going to tweak the hub a bit with some keywords and see if that keeps the exposure up.

tillsontitan profile image90

Mary Craig (tillsontitan) says

cat on a soapbox profile image81

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• cam8510 profile image

Chris Mills (cam8510) 21 months ago

Catherine, it was a Chicago Tribune story and others who picked up the same story, that led people to my hub. It was on shipwrecks off the northwest shoreline of Michigan.My title had the name of one of the wrecks in it, so peole were clicking away.

chuckandus6 profile image55

Nichol marie (chuckandus6) says