Jackie Lynnley profile image 76

I got a bite on my arm; do you think it is a spider bite?

It feels worse than it looks and I don't want to be a baby; just wondered what I should do. It was been over 24 hours and not feeling better. (Well baking soda helped some but I can't keep it on it!) There is a little bit of blister and it is slightly swollen. Thanks!

Becky Katz profile image84

Becky Katz says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 22 months ago

I am using Benedryll and antibiotic creamed prescribed today; and doc said use some hydrocortisone but I didn't get that; but will tomorrow since it worked good for you. Mine is getting like a hard lump with blister on top but doesn't itch as bad .

Rachel L Alba profile image84

Rachel L Alba says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 22 months ago

Never heard of benadryl cream Rachel. I will look for that, thank you!

Phyllis Doyle profile image92

Phyllis Doyle Burns (Phyllis Doyle) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 22 months ago

Thanks Phyllis! I will go do that right now. Was hoping someone had a remedy for me!

Randall Guinn profile image83

Randall Guinn says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 22 months ago

I can't be sure it was a spider Randall; just can't think what else it could be. Went to doc today though and using antibiotic cream and antihistamine. Mine has what looks like 2 black dots too! Did yours get like a hard knot?

RTalloni profile image86

RTalloni says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 22 months ago

Thanks RT; saw one today and he doesn't know for sure what it is either but using antibiotic cream 3x a day til it heals unless it gets worse.

animalman profile image81

animalman says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 22 months ago

So you don't want to mess with it you think? I plan to try the hydro-cortisone tomorrow and see if that help with the irritation. I sure hope I don't have to have it cut. Will certainly be more careful of bugs from now one.