Jackie Lynnley profile image 77

Which size dog do you think better to have for companionship and safety?

I am ready for an inside dog for protection and I don't want anything huge but I don't want something under my feet constantly either. Would a dog like this be sensitive enough to detect intruders and able to learn not to be under foot? I don't want to feed a horse or mind it being on my furniture so I think small is a must but is this too small?

connorj profile image80

John Connor (connorj) says

Becky Katz profile image86

Becky Katz says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 19 months ago

I had a peek a poo once great to hear things far off & warn me with a growl because I taught her not to bark. I bathed her every night because she insisted on being in the bed with me but getting her in winter deep snow time I couldn't train her!

alancaster149 profile image87

Alan Robert Lancaster (alancaster149) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 19 months ago

Thank you Alan. I was considering collie but read they were the meanest dog by someone but found that very hard to believe...I mean we all know Lassie, don't we? I appreciate you suggestion and will keep that in mind besides the tree trunk trick.

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 19 months ago

Thanks and I do have a yard and plenty of surrounding area for a dog to go out for it must. I had a PeekApoo that was ideal guard growling rather than barking & it was always a person but Try as I may I could not get her trained so she had to go.

MizBejabbers says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 19 months ago

I only get female animals & I don't want it fixed. I like to let my animals have one litter not only because I think it is their right (lol) but it is suppose to be a better chance they will not get tumors or similar probs. No prob to give away.

justthemessenger profile image87

James C Moore (justthemessenger) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 19 months ago

I only get female animals of any kind because I think that is true and they make better pets. We had some old male dogs while I was growing up and they will do but there is a difference. Maybe the mother in the female!

61

retief2000 says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 19 months ago

Oh I think they are beautiful too but I can't afford to feed on of those and really I want a small one to snuggle with. I would say a doberman is a man's dog! lol