Would you delete a question you posed if it had 156 answers and 2, 404 views so far when ...?

I need feedback as I had recently posed a question which, apparently, is a "hot" topic question, and I am thrilled so many answered the question and it has so far produced views into the thousands. So, what is the problem, you say? Well, apparently somehow a "Best" answer was chosen on my question, when I did NOT choose it! I am so upset about this, being so many have answered, when a person who just joined HP answered my question, and then her answer was chosen immediately as "Best" when I did not choose it! I had not planned on choosing a best answer anytime soon. It's not fair to all!

Genna East profile image88

Genna East says

Faith Reaper 4 months ago

Thank you, Genna. I know! I was just shocked about an answer being chosen as Best, when I did not choose it, and had not planned on choosing one any time soon. It is the principle of it, as it is putting words in my mouth so-to-speak. I will do so!

MizBejabbers says

Faith Reaper 4 months ago

Hi MizB, No, once a "Best" answer is chosen, it can't be deleted. I tried! LOL and I made a comment and apologized and asked her to repost her answer because I did not chose it. HP is checking on it now.

sallybea profile image96

Sally Gulbrandsen (sallybea) says

• sallybea profile image

Sally Gulbrandsen (sallybea) 4 months ago

Interesting! I did not vote that answer up, it came up the minute I hit the button and that is the second time recently.

Jodah profile image84

John Hansen (Jodah) says

Faith Reaper 4 months ago

Hi John, I don't want to delete the entire question, but It seems you can't delete an answer once chosen as "Best", as I tried and did make a comment and apologized and explained I did not chose it. HP is checking though!

nochance profile image91

Chloe Davis Smith (nochance) says

Faith Reaper 4 months ago

Thank you, Chloe. Matt with the Team HubPages responded to my email and said they are checking into it. It's just a matter of principle.

Faith Reaper 4 months ago

Thanks Eric. I don't want to delete the question at all, but I don't want it showing that I chose Best answer, when I did not choose that Best answer, and to be fair to all who answered the question. I hope HP can undo something I did not choose.

Faith Reaper profile image87

Faith Reaper says

Faith Reaper 3 months ago

IT HAPPENED AGAIN ON THAT SAME QUESTION??? Again, I did not choose Best answer yet, but there is an answer saying it was chosen as Best! Will contact HP Team once again. This is growing wearisome.

Faith Reaper 4 months ago

That is my understanding too, Dashing ...I have contacted HP, but have not heard back. It seems once a "Best" is chosen, you cannot delete that answer, as I have tried and asked the person to repost. Maybe there was some sort of glitch that day?

Jackie Lynnley profile image76

Jackie Lynnley says

Faith Reaper 4 months ago

Yes, I have contacted HP, but no answer yet. A techy person on a forum suggested I change my password as it seems it has been hacked. There is no way I chose a Best answer as I had not planned to do so anytime soon. It is the principle of it ...