1. Each day research a keyword phrase in a niche (using google keyword tool for monthly searches and google.com for competition). It is best to keep competition to under 300,000 pages when starting out so that you will rank in the top 3.
2. Write 1 article and 5-10 blogs related to that keyword phrase
3. Post one of the blogs to your site (making sure to name the page after the keyword phrase, the title of the page, tags and external and internal links too)
4. Post the article to Ezinearticles.com and backlink to your website and affiliate product (or hub etc)
5. Create a Hubpage, Squidoo site, Blogger site and USFree Ad page (again posting one of the blogs to each - adding extra info such as videos, references to authority sites, - good to link out to other related sites too)
6. Post helpful comments to forums, other relates blogs and authority sites (backlinking to your main sites (wordpress etc) and mini sites (hubpages, etc)
7. Use a firefox tool called OnlyWire which will bookmark all your new blogs/articles etc to about 40 social bookmarking sites in one step.
8. Make sure to ping your blogs/articles to let the search engines know you have posted new content.
9. Create short powerpoint presentation and convert to video and post to video sharing sites (ie. youtube etc - again linking back to relevant sites.
10. More article/blog writing to post to other article sites (out source this for time if necessary)
11. Repeat this process for as many related keywords to this niche as possible to dominate it - eg. "treatment for diverticulitis", "foods to eat with diverticulitis", "foods to avoid with diverticulitis", etc
11. Analyze using google analytics and seoquake (both free tools). SEO Quake is downloaded to your firefox toolbar and gives fantastic information on keyword density of your page, links coming in and out, page rank. You can use this for any site/page - including your competition!! See how the top search results for your keyword phrase have their pages optimized!
There so much more you can do. I also keep spreadsheets of all my keyword phrases, links, articles etc to see what I have achieved and what I've done each day and what I should be doing next. Plan, prepare, take action (build momentum over a 90 day period) and analyze your results.