How to Earn $100 from HubPages each Month | A Guide
It is not very tough to earn $100 from HubPages each month. Some of you, especially new writes form USA, may not like the idea of earning only $100 from writing here. You may be dreaming of making $3K to $4K per month. Sorry buddies! This is close to impossible. Try to make your goal realistic to achieve. Don’t forget, $100 per month is equal to $1200 a year, not bad at all.
Let us come to the point. Read this Hub carefully and follow the methods to earn $100 per month.
How Much Traffic is Necessary ?
All of you know that it is all about traffic. The more view your hubs get, the more you earn. Actually, there is no fixed relationship between the traffic and earning in HubPages. There is no fixed rate as $X/1000 views.
H.P. takes 40% of the views and you got paid for the rest 60%. You can earn anywhere between $4 and $1 for 1000 page views including the HP share. If your hub topics are more commercial like insurance, lawyers, medicines and medical sciences, Yoga and weight loss etc then you shall get more per visitor. But, if you write about movies, music, sports, video games, computers or social-political topics then do not expect to be paid much per 1000 visitors.
In my experience, if you write about diverse things and draw a little traffic, then your average income per 1000 views will be around $2. We shall do our calculations by using this rate.
So, 1000 views = $2
If you can get 1500 views daily, then you shall earn 1500/1000*2=$3 per day, which is equivalent to $90 per month.
You can earn $0.5 from eBay affiliates per 1000 viewers. That means you may earn $0.75 from 1500 views, which equals to 30*0.75=$22.5.
So, your total income per month will be $90+ $22.5= $112.5.
How Many Hubs do You Need?
I know what you are thinking now. How many hubs needed to draw 1500 page views daily?
If you can get average 30 views daily per hub then 50 hubs will suffice. The simple arithmetic will tell you that you shall need more or less according to your average views per hub.
What to Write?
Now, it is the trickiest part of the equation. You need to select your topics and write quality articles to draw 20 to 100 viewers daily. You may select a topic and write similar hubs or can write on diverse themes.
My advice is that to choose three or four topics and write about them. You need to learn basic SEO to bring good search engine traffic.
You may follow these rules:-
1) Select a good keyword with decent search volume and low completion.
2) Check if any article is already written on HubPages using the same keyword. If it is already used by another hubber, it would be extremely difficult for you to get good Google ranking, because Google do not likes to rank pages from a single website domain with same keywords.
3) Write a decent quality article of 500 to 1000 words length.
4) Use some relevant images and videos.
5) Make your article SEO optimized
High Paying Keywords vs Low Paying Ones
You have known that high paying keywords like insurance, lawyer related keywords are high paying. Then you may wonder why anyone would be interested to write on the topics like religion, science, movies etc. It is because the high paying keywords are extremely competitive. You shall get much less competition if select a popular low paying topic/keyword.
Promote Your Hubs
You need to promote your hubs to get good traffic. Use Facebook and Twitter for promoting your hubs. You shall have to use other social sites like MySpace, Digg, StumbleUpon etc to get some viewers.
For backlinking and getting traffic, you may use blog comments. Find out blogs with relevant topics and if they support backlinking then write a relevant, meaningful comment with your hubs backlinks. Use forums and other mediums to give each and every hub backlinks.
There are many useful hubs written by great hubbers about getting backlinks and promoting your hubs.
How Much Time is Required?
If you start from the scratch I can give you a time frame to make this project successful. Write 4 hubs each week and use 3 days to promote and reedit your hubs. So, in this rate you shall produce 13x4= 52 hubs in 13 weeks. Write a hub and promote it as much as possible. I hope after 4 months you shall be able to get some growth in your account balance. After that, within one or two months more, you can get $100 per month from HubPages.
More by this Author
Find some great birthday wishes and quotes for your brother, including some sweet ones, some funny ones, and some whacky ones!
Find the right words to say to your sister on her birthday with a list of sweet and funny messages to choose from.
An 18th birthday is a memorable day marking big life changes and is deserving of some special messages. Here is a list of 18th birthday messages to inspire and bless someone in your life.