jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

IMPLEMENTED: A Reviews Capsule for magazines, book and movies

1. bridalletter profile image88
    bridalletterposted 4 years ago

Since we all read and write so much, I thought it would be ideal to have a capsule dedicated to reviews. I didn't add product reviews because I don't want to have marketers self promoting those. Unless the capsule automatically prevents self promoting products.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99891

1. Living Well Now profile image79
      Living Well Nowposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It would be nice to have a four or five star (or more) rating system built into a review capsule like Rotten Tomatoes or Goodreads. Maybe HP could sum the ratings and come up with an average rating after multiple reviews.

Personally, I think product reviews are fine, as long as they're fairly unbiased. You'd be surprised at how many reviews are farmed out to content mills. I wouldn't want that to happen here wink

2. bridalletter profile image88
    bridalletterposted 4 years ago

That maybe the reason the capsule doesn't exist, too open for abuse. I am hopeful that they can design it well enough, it would reduce biased reviews. The nice thing is books are pinnable  on Pinterest. Ratings would suit it well.

3. MickiS profile image94
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

We have a Ratings capsule that does exactly this.

Add the Ratings capsule to your Hub, and select 'Single Person Rating.' Per the instructions in the Rating capsule: "If you are writing a review, select Single Person Rating or Multiple Person Rating. If you are writing a recipe, select Recipe Rating."

1. bridalletter profile image88
      bridalletterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you MickiS. I will try it out on the magazine review hub I did recently. I am glad the ratings capsule does more. .

working