jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Newbie Question

1. vicnapier profile image60
    vicnapierposted 4 years ago

How long does an article have to be in order not to get flagged as too short? I just tired to post a 700 word article, but it was rejected. Or do they look at things like graphics and headlines as well as word length?

1. somethgblue profile image91
      somethgblueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I reckon there is more to it than the simple explanation you have made. The length of the article should not be the reason it is rejected.

There are many reasons it could get rejected and the length being way down on the list. I personally have never had an article rejected and have published almost a 100 on many controversial subjects.

Some of the easier to understand reasons would be racial or sex content, lack of editing (punctuation, spelling), inflammatory content, attacking or slandering a specific person.

Lack of references or links to quotations, improper use of photos (links), too self promotional.

Your best bet is to simple send an email to hub pages and ask them what the problem is, they have a very dedicated and helpful staff and have always been quick with an answer  . . . for me at least.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

700 words is definitely within rules. I have a few that are 300 words or so.

What was the exact message you were flagged with? It could be to do with duplicate content, over promotion, saturated topic etc.

1. vicnapier profile image60
      vicnapierposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Funy thing...I uploaded the article again to find out exactly what the message was and everything went fine. No problem after all! Thanks for responding, though. Nice to know people here are so willing to be helpful