jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

My poem hub at risk of being 'Overly Promotional' or 'Substandard'...

1. ashish04joshi profile image79
    ashish04joshiposted 4 years ago

One of my poem hubs, 'Stay with me forever' is displaying this warning message:
    "This Hub is at risk of being identified as Overly Promotional or Substandard."

I even posted a question about it but didn't get a satisfactory response.
    The rules say that I can use one link per 50 words. And that link too is the link to the source of the free image I've used.

Is there anything to worry about?
    What else can I do to make it go away?

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have viewed the hub in question. I would agree with relache on this, you will need to add more content to the hub to remedy the problem. This can be as she suggests, some narrative about the poem and/or adding to the poem.

ashish04joshiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Mr. Hyde for having a look yourself.

I'll try adding some more content to the hub...thanks.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

You most likely aren't meeting the minimum words to not be considered substandard.  You're doing to have to discuss your poem or add more text content somehow.

I don't have an idea what could be the minimum word count for a poetry hub to not be considered substandard.
      I'll try adding some narrative about the poem though.

It had appeared even before I published the hub. Though it's been about a week since then, the warning doesn't please the eye!

Thanks.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image86
        Just Ask Susanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Take the picture out, insert a picture of your own, and that warning will most likely go away.

Thank you Susan...may be I'll try to add a short bio about the poem and even replace the pic if I find something from public domain so that I don't really have to link to the source.
          Thanks for the reply.

3. Polly C profile image86
    Polly Cposted 4 years ago

I write poems and usually write extra text to explain the poem.  However, on one of my most recent poems I didn't bother and it is only 133 words. It also has two images alongside it with links back to wikimedia commons and another site, but I don't have any warnings.

1. Polly C profile image86
      Polly Cposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just counted your words, less than 100 - so maybe 100 is the minimum word count for poetry.

Thank you so much Polly for taking that extra effort...may be you're right. I haven't counted the words but I've published other short poems too without any such warning message hovering over them.

May be those are above hundred word count and may be it's because I've not used any image in those poems.

I'll check it out now.

Thanks again.

4. ashish04joshi profile image79
    ashish04joshiposted 4 years ago

Thank you everyone...
    Issue solved.

I added a short note about the poem and that has made the warning disappear.

Thanks again for helping me out.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great to hear that the issue was solved!

working