jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Slideviews Going Crazy

1. Rehana Stormme profile image94
    Rehana Stormmeposted 4 years ago

One of my recent hubs only has about 90 page views but has 270 slideviews. Could this be a glitch? Is this happening to anyone else?

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've seen that kind of thing for a long time.  One hub has 1400 views and 4300 slideshow views.  Another has 450 views and 1200 slideshow views.  Is a slideshow view counted for every pic in the slideshow?  Do viewers cycle through them multiple times? 

I don't know, but am not complaining.  Nearly 1/3 of my adsense clicks come from slides.

Rehana Stormmeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply. I also have a hub with about 1,850 slide views but only 700 page views, but this one sort of built up over time, it was gradual and it didn't seem weird.

This time, however, it's happened within just a few hours and I was wondering if it was for real. You know like the time people were getting 'false' traffic by the truckloads from Facebook, I don't think those views counted for those in the HP Ad program.

2. Rehana Stormme profile image94
    Rehana Stormmeposted 4 years ago

I'm wondering if slide views count in the HP Ad program?

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I haven't paid much attention, but each slide has an ad with it and they can't all be from adsense - some have to be put there by HPads.  I think...

3. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 4 years ago

I noticed the same thing on my most recent hub of nature photos. Right after I published it, I tried out the slideshow. At that point, it wasn't working. It was stuck in a loop. I noticed in my stats a bit later that there were maybe 10 views, but 2300 slideshow views...yeah, right. There's a glitch in the slideshow software...

Rehana Stormmeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I believe so too.

4. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

Every time someone clicks a pic they get a slideshow now. Then there is the 'view these related slideshows' at the end. And maybe they are counting each pic as a view as wilderness suggested.

working