jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

SUGGESTION: Managing Groups an easier way.

1. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

I have neglected to place many of my hubs (nearly 500) into Groups. When I go into the Managing Groups section I can drag each hub into a group. This works, however with 500 hubs and 20 or so groups, this is very difficult to do easily as I'm constantly scrolling up, and often place a hub in the wrong group.

What would really benefit me would be to have a simple drop down box next to each hub in the list so I could simply select a group as I look at the title of the hub.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That would be nice to see the hubs listed together by category so you could categorize them by group. Or be able to move them in batches instead of having to do them one at a time.  Dragging them up is difficult when you have a large list.

Did you know you could place your hub into a group when you first publish it or when you are editing it?  That would avoid having to do them in batches.

1. SimeyC profile image87
        SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep - of course I always forget and only really understood the importance of groups recently!

2. ktrapp profile image92
      ktrappposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I completely agree that dragging single hubs into groups is very difficult to do in its current state and I only have 76 hubs. The drag up is extremely slow and like you, I often drag them into the wrong group.

I've seen software before where there are two side-by-side boxes with a set of left/right arrows in between the boxes. I think a set up like this would work well...In our case the left box would contain the list of orphan hubs and the right box would contain all the existing groups. Then the user would select single or multiple hubs (using Ctrl key in Windows) from the left box, and one group from the right box and then click on the right arrow in the middle to move the hubs into the group. The opposite action is taken to remove a hub from a group and back into the orphan list. From a user standpoint this would be a significant improvement.

2. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 4 years ago

Or a group of boxes (each representing a group) that follow you down the page, similar to how the Facebook like thing follows a user down the page when they read a hub.

Then, you can drag a hub to a group.

3. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

The present arrangement requires a lot of patience.
    Not being able to delete or unpublish a hub from the account page is also annoying.

4. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

All of your comments are a reminder for me to group at least 40 Hub Orphans.  I agree!  What a drag!  I've avoided this little chore for months because it takes a long time to drag the titles, then search for the proper columns.  It is much more convenient to forget about it.  In the beginning, it was such an accomplishment to group Hubs, but I now have 230, and my Orphan List continues to grow out of neglect. What a pain!

5. MickiS profile image94
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

This is a great suggestion, SimeyC.

As you know, our small development team has been working on redesigning and updating the portions of the site directed at readers (e.g. the new Hub design, new slideshow, the forthcoming new user profile). Once we get through these projects, we'd like to start doing a usability improvement to the My Account section and tools. I'll definitely add this to the list of things for us to work on.