jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Share Your "Greatests Hubs" and Get Some Feedback

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

ER...not so sure this is acceptable.  This thread is for getting critiques on one's hubs, not for simple exposure or promoting one's work.  Perhaps someone will correct me if I'm wrong.  Self promotion is frowned upon on HP.  sad

But welcome to HP at any rate.  smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. Sethughes profile image92
      Sethughesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This forum is not for one's best hubs, but for those needing cleaning up or editing.  I understand your point.  However, I'm still not sure HP will see it the same way.  But good luck trying!  yikes

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Anyone who doesn't quite jive with the self-promotional vibe Randy's getting, you might consider this angle: "Hi!  I've only been here for 13 days.  I want to convince you to show me your best Hubs so I can find some way of copying what you've been doing."

Thank you relache,

I have deleted the message of this thread out of concern of being "over promotional", although that was not the intention. I do hope everyone can find a way to get what they consider their best work reviewed without fear of being copied or in violation.

Thanks for the input!

Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No problem really, but as Relache says, it's sometimes difficult to distinguish between those looking for help and those looking to help themselves to others successful hubs.  And then there are those who just want somebody to read their hubs.  Not saying any of these pertain to you but after you've been here awhile you'll see all of the above. 

If you truly want help or advice you may link a hub for others to check out and suggest changes on this forum.  I don't mean to discourage or disparage your idea, but you'll see where I'm coming from eventually.  Good luck to you!  smile

I understand your point and may just be naive in my positive viewpoint on the intentions of people. Im glad there are people such as yourself and ralache willing to respond quickly with help to threads that may be questionable.

I plan on becoming a regular "hubber" and am glad to have learned more on the inner workings of the site and the boundaries of postings. No harm done!

Thanks again

3. Ciccarone profile image81
    Ciccaroneposted 4 years ago

Hi, i have been on here for very little time, but if you could check out this Hub i did and leave some constructive criticism or tips in the comments section that'd be great. Thanks! smile   http://ciccarone.hubpages.com/hub/Call-of-Duty-vs-Halo

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Sorry if I sounded doubtful, but when someone whose profile says they are getting a marketing degree, who has been on the site for less than two weeks and cranked out nearly three dozen Hubs posts, says they want to see other people's best work, that just sounds like too many things I've seen over the last six years that turned out to be less than honorable.

I never thought of it that way. haha. I understand  your point! I guess I am not like a lot of "marketing" people out there. I tend to have quite a bit of spare time in the summer and I very much enjoy putting my thoughts onto paper (well, computer). Thanks again for the advice. I haven't been here long enough to know some of the deceptive practices that might take place. Thanks for the awareness and caution.

working