jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Are you given a warning before you are banned?

1. Rehana Stormme profile image94
    Rehana Stormmeposted 4 years ago

Searched the forums but didn't find any answers. Can anyone answer this quick question? Thanks!

Edit: I mean being banned from HP all together.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My impression is yes.

Exceptions:

You're brand new and immediately start spamming every where.

I'll let others list others... big_smile

Rehana Stormmeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for replying, paradigmsearch! I appreciate it.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
          paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was hoping we would get some more exception examples. Possibly even humorous... big_smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

If you are talking about a forum ban, no. Those are immediate and without warning.

Rehana Stormmeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks I edited my question to be more  specific. I was wondering about being banned from HP not just the forums. Just curious.

3. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

In my experience, I was notified for a published blog I had moved to my HubPages account.  This is one of the biggest no-nos because it is considered using duplicate copy.  I had two controversial Hubs that I was asked about, but once I stated why they should stay on my account, ADM agreed.  They remain on my account to this day.  If there is a chance you are close to being banned, you have three ways to reply:  1)  Explain away that it was a huge mistake on your part, and you will not repeat the behavior.  You do understand what you did wrong, and you'd better mean it.  2)  Edit your Hub to ADM's specification, if applicable.  This could save your Hub from being deleted from your account or you being banned.  3)  Repeating your unacceptable behavior will truly get you banned.  If your HubPages account is valuable to you, do your research and do all you can do to learn what is acceptable here and what is unacceptable.  When Hub authors are permanently banned from this site, it's not that you can get a hold of them and ask them why.  When I first started here, there was a woman who was banned.  She notified her readers that she was banned for using articles she had used elsewhere.  She was warned not to do this, but she continued.  It got her banned from HubPages.  She started a new HubPages account using another pen name, but I guess since she couldn't transfer her already published articles to it, she quit.  Work with ADM.  Personally, I found them to be quite fair.

1. Thelma Alberts profile image84
      Thelma Albertsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the information Arlene. I´ll be careful of what I´m writing.

4. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

Thelma, just write.  I wouldn't worry about a permanent ban.  As a Hub author, don't worry about being banned.  And if you happen to get temporarily banned, learn from your situation, see that it's fixed, and return to your writing once your ban is lifted.  It's that easy.  The worse you can do is take it personal and leave this site forever.  Many writers have been temporarily banned, but a permanent ban from HubPages is something you cannot fix!

5. Rehana Stormme profile image94
    Rehana Stormmeposted 4 years ago

Thanks Arlene. That's some helpful advice. I was just curious is all. I'm not planning on doing anything stupid. It's just that I was following someone who I found out was banned a few months ago, yet I know they were making decent money on HP. I was wondering if they were given a warning to fix whatever issue it was. But now that you mention it, I guess some people do take it personal and end up leaving forever.

working