jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

VIDEOS WILL NOT LOAD ONTO HUBS--HELP!!!!

1. kenneth avery profile image82
    kenneth averyposted 4 years ago

July 5

I need help NOW. Yesterday and for about five different times, I tried and failed to get a few music videos to download onto a hub I was writing. Various "red" verbiage kept showing up--"upload support files," etc. This has never happened since Ive been a member of HubPages.
    I even went directly to YouTube, called up the video and copied URL one time; the "URL Present Time" another time; The blue code that comes up when you hit "share," none of this worked . . .including the gray boxes, Convert to Video on Hub, etc.

Would someone "please," tell me in simple terms, HOW TO GET A VIDEO DOWNLOADED TO A HUB?

Thank you!
    KENNETH AVERY/HubPages member.

1. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

After you have found the video that you wish to copy, in the lower right corner of the video is the expand button.  "Right Click" the expand button, then highlight "Copy Embed
      Html"  "Left Click" this line.

Go to your Hub and click to open the "Video" Capsule.
      In the middle, you will see a data box to enter info.

type the following it matters not whether you use upper or lower case: make it one stream with no breaks between the wording.

objectwidth="480"height="385"paramname="movie"value=

At the end of this data stream immediately after the =  right click and a box will open. highlight "Paste" and "Left Click on "Paste"

Your done.

kenneth averyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much. Will try that now. A hub hangs in the balance.

I've done it hundreds of times with my evangelizing hubs. It never fails.

Dave, I can get as far as the open video capsule and enter the copied hmtl embed info, but in that same box do I type the long string of words and numbers???

Ken you have to type the string of words (First) and at the end of the string "Right Click" to open a drop down box where you'll see the word "Paste"
              Highlight the "Paste" and "LEFT CLICK" "Paste" this will automatically join the hmtl embed to the long string. There is nothing more to do.

Thanks again, Dave. I see what I did wrong.
                Kenneth

Let me know if you are sucessful??

write down the string and keep it incase you want to do others.

Hello. Again. Dave!
                    I have noticed that my Internet Explorer 9 will NOT allow a video to show up on hubs from YouTube, whereas my Mozilla/Firefox does it like a charm. I wonder . . .could this problem involve the IE9, and not the system itself?
                    Please help.

working