jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

I submitted a url to Bing.com twice in three weeks. Is it too much?

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image87
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 5 years ago

I read a good hub on here about a month ago regarding where to submit url's -- something I'd been thinking I should be doing more often as I only knew of two places to do it.  One of the suggestions in the hub was to submit to Bing.com and also Yahoo.com and Google.com.  So I did submit 15 or 20 of my hub urls to Bing.com about three weeks ago.  Last night I did it again.  Should we only do it to the big places like Bing, Yahoo and Google once in awhile or is every three weeks good?  It seemed to work well last night -- looking at today's numbers.  Just wondering if we're not supposed to over-do it.  Thanks.

2. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Your most economical use of time is to submit it and forget it. Everywhere.

1. wrenfrost56 profile image84
      wrenfrost56posted 5 years ago in reply to this

What paradigmsearch said. I also find that once is enough. smile

3. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image87
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 5 years ago

paradigmsearch and wrenfrost56, thank you for your input.  I hadn't really heard quite these views before, so it's interesting.

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

LOL! Why are you submitting your hubs to search engines?

Hubpages is a regularly crawled site. Most hubs are indexed within 4-24 hours. Therefore, submitting them is redundant unless you have one that doesn't seem to get indexed (in which case you just ping it.)

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, WryLilt.  You're right and I should have thought that way.

I thought the hub I read on what to do was informative and it sounded like the person knew what they were talking about.  They gave other pointers, too, and maybe those were the better suggestions.   I guess I zigged when I should have zagged.

I did learn about Pinging recently and now from your comment I understand its purpose.  Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.  Sometimes this stuff just boggles my mind.

5. tussin profile image60
    tussinposted 5 years ago

The only time you ever need to submit a URL to a search engine is if the site is too new to be indexed.  Like if you started a brand new blog and want the site to get in search results faster.  But even then it's not necessary since your site will naturally get crawled in time.  You don't ever need to do this for HP since as wrylilt said, it's an established site that is already regularly crawled by Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines.

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, tussin.

working