jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)

Do you have a specific time of day you are most creative?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
    schoolgirlforrealposted 4 years ago

It was for me, for years, the middle of the night.
    But not so now.

What about you?

1. Dorsi profile image92
      Dorsiposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I find myself most creative in the mornings with my McDonalds ice coffee sitting next to me. Then later on in the day when I come back in and usually do my proofing and editing while my 3 year old grandson sits next to me watching his cartoons lol. It can however hit any anytime if the house is quiet!

schoolgirlforrealposted 4 years ago in reply to this

smile

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 4 years ago in reply to this

My brain used to work best in the morning, then slow down in the afternoon, winding way down in the evening. But lately, I've been doing work at night. One of my Hubs I wrote late at night, plugging away past bedtime.

I'm starting to enjoy writing at nighttime again

3. mts1098 profile image85
      mts1098posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am most creative in the morning hours...4:00am - 10:00am...guess I am an early bird

4. pennyofheaven profile image81
      pennyofheavenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

About 3-4am in the morning is when my creativity is at it's best.

2. Jean Bakula profile image95
    Jean Bakulaposted 4 years ago

I find I'm most creative late at night, or beginning at 9 or 10PM, but this often leads to being up and writing at 2 or 3 AM. I've tried writing in the day at different times, but nothing comes to me. I don't have to be on a specific routine right now, so it doesn't matter, I can sleep late. But I can't figure out why I get creative at night. I do have more to do in the day, and have more interuptions.

3. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 4 years ago

I've been a night owl, pretty much since the day I was born.  If they'd have had a "second shift" option for elementary, middle and high school, I'd have been unstoppable.

4. violet-femme profile image90
    violet-femmeposted 4 years ago

Another night owl here! *raises wing*

If I can stay up late that is. I'm usually in bed by 10:30 from exhaustion, but on nights that I'm up past that, I find that's when the creative part of my brain sparks up!

5. Rebecca2904 profile image79
    Rebecca2904posted 4 years ago

I find most ideas come to me in the middle of the night and I have to scramble out of bed to write them down or I will have forgotten them by morning. I'm not sure that really means I'm a night owl (although I'm definitely not a morning person!) as I tend to get the majority of the work done during the day, it's just the ideas that come at night. I also find I have moods where I'm better at writing, if I'm not in the right mood then I'm much more easily distracted and if I do manage to get something down it tends to be of a much lower quality.

lol

6. Scribenet profile image84
    Scribenetposted 4 years ago

In the morning before my analytical mind switches on and critiques everything I write...LOL. Sometimes I read those passages after awhile and go "Did I write that?" However, it isn't the best time for research!

7. MPG Narratives profile image61
    MPG Narrativesposted 4 years ago

Definitely the morning is best for me, before life really kicks in. I tend to write notes as I'm getting up and ready for the day. Sometimes though just as I'm falling asleep at night thoughts seem to flow so I jot notes down then too.

lol

8. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

I'm a night bird, but my brain works best first thing in the morning, then it's all downhill from there! But I am more imaginative at night time. It's at night that I think of good ideas for hubs, or least they seem like a good idea at the time.
    Most of them get deleted the next day!

ahhhh i delete a lot of my hubs too! - but only after they've been published for a few days roll lol

9. Shanna11 profile image91
    Shanna11posted 4 years ago

I'm not creative at any specific time of day... I rely on changing up my location to become creative. I've come up with some crazy things smashed in the cupboard beneath my bathroom sink.

10. netslums profile image85
    netslumsposted 4 years ago

Night time for me. It's mostly because I can reflect on all of the events of earlier and use them to be creative. Just wish I could incorporate that creativity into my hubs. smile

11. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

Either early morning or else very late at night.
    Seldom in the early evening, and never in the afternoon.

12. ftclick profile image61
    ftclickposted 4 years ago

early morning, not 12:01 to 5 am though.  usually 6am to 9am-ish.

working