jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)

SUGGESTION: Notifications of Comments Don't Appear Until Approved

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image93
    ThePracticalMommyposted 4 years ago

I noticed the past few days that any notifications of comments don't appear in the notifications list until I approve the comment. (I am seeing the comments as they show up next to the Hubs link on the homepage, so that is not an issue.) Newer notifications showed up before the comment did.

Browser: Chrome
    Cache has been cleared, everything has been updated.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6858609_f248.jpg

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This has been the way it has been for me since they brought in notifications. I assume if you don't choose to moderate your comments they will show up right away.

ThePracticalMommyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So it may not be a bug or problem then. Maybe there's a better way to do it, though, like to allow the comment to show in notifications with the word 'unmoderated' next to it or something of that nature. Just a thought. If it's not bothering anyone else, then just let it be I guess.

2. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

This has bothered me, mostly because it is annoying. But I don't pay much attention to notifications now, so it's not as bothersome as it was at first.

3. brittanytodd profile image91
    brittanytoddposted 4 years ago

I'm having the same issue.  If I don't see the comment my feed, it gets lost and I never know about it.  Hopefully they will fix this soon.

4. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

I'm not so sure that it's a problem that would be considered in need of fixing.  But either way, what I have started doing is to pay attention to the total number of comments listed on My Accounts > Statistics page.  Whenever it changes, I click on Comments (in the black box on the left) and go from there.  Every now and then I click on Comments anyway, in case I have forgotten the most recent total.

5. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago

I noticed this too. For some time now. I use Firefox, but has nothing to do with the browser. It hasn't bothered me because I check the comments moderation page often. But I think it's quirky that they suddenly show up on the notifications tab AFTER I approve them. Makes it useless, doesn't it?

It does make the notification useless. That's a good point!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
        Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Notifications are designed to show you comments that are published, and those not yet approved are not published.

I understand the point about notifications for comments you have approved not being specifically helpful.

If you would like, you can suggest a feature addition or functionality change here:

http://hubpages.com/forum/37

I can also move this forum thread to suggestions, if that is more convenient.

Would you please move it to suggestions? That would be helpful. Thank you very much for your reply and help.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
            Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sure thing!

6. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

I've used it that way for a long time. I made a habit of checking for comments once per day. So that's not an issue. It is occasionally annoying, though, to have  an already moderated comment post in notifications.

That could be taken care of by, as said by ThePracticalMommy, posting the comment as "unmoderated" in notifications. Or it could be covered by not posting moderated comments in notifications, as they have already been noticed and dealt with.

7. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 4 years ago

Thanks for moving my thread, Matthew. However, it didn't get a response.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99967

As far as I know, this feature was designed by Ari and I was hoping to get his attention by posting the thread in this forum.

It's not like this is an issue of life and death, though. So, nevermind.

8. MickiS profile image95
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion. I will investigate this one more with Ari and see if there is something that can be done.

9. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 4 years ago

Yeah, well... I'm not stupid. My thread is older, so thanks for telling me that and closing my thread.

1. MickiS profile image95
      MickiSposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I never said you were stupid. Please apologize for the accusation.

I closed your thread suggestion because it only had 2 posts, and this one had a 14 post discussion about the same suggestion.

1. Haunty profile image84
        Hauntyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I apologize. You never said it.

It is I who thinks it's stupid to start a thread about something about which another thread had been started a day earlier. I wasn't the one who did that so my thread is not duplicate.

Apology accepted.

No, technically, yours is not the duplicate, but by the time I saw both threads, this one had more replies. My marking it as duplicate is not a reflection on you.

If anything, it's a reflection of me being outnumbered by the Hubbers with suggestions!

Peace.

1. Haunty profile image84
            Hauntyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for accepting! What's a reflection on me, though, is not taking the tremendous workload into account and making it about my silly thread. I know you're doing what's humanly possible. I will now bugger off and annoy someone else. smile

LOL! Thanks, Haunty.

working