jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

There are not as many options to share our hubs with the new layout

1. Dorsi profile image90
    Dorsiposted 5 years ago

I've noticed that since the new layout change that we have less options to share our hubs - no Digg or StumbleUpon button. I also don't see Google + either. Were these left off because they are not considered valuable places to share our hubs or another reason? I'm wondering about the reasoning and if it makes sense to still share to these sites.

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
      Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know, that was my problem with the new layout as well. I miss being able to just click a button and share a hub on stumble upon or redditt. Plus I think it was a dumb idea to get rid of the Google + considering we want traffic from google!

2. janderson99 profile image85
      janderson99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree they are extremely important - the G+ button was left off because "no one used it" lol - the other reason was to 'reduce page load times'. The best option is to use browser addons for G+ and Shareaholic , etc. and you can add a right click Pinterest function as well for all your images. Its DIY time. Did 'load time' kill the radio star?
      Very, very important - gets instant indexed links that show in the SERPS

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
        Daughter Of Maatposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But it's such a pain in the a$$ lmao. Although I did not know about the right click pinterest thingy. I have the pin it button on my browser. The right click thing sounds cool. How does that work?

1. janderson99 profile image85
          janderson99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

google  'Pinterest Right Click'
          one for chrome and mozilla etc. - you can pin any image by simply right clicking on it.

3. randomcreative profile image91
      randomcreativeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that HubPages is trying to focus on the sites that generate the most traffic for HubPages users.  Obviously it's more work to add hubs manually to other sites, but you still can.

2. libby1970 profile image79
    libby1970posted 5 years ago

I totally agree. They should bring that option back. I think change is good, but some things are better left alone.

working