Dividing hubs under alternate pen names to protect brand image

1. ecoggins profile image92
    ecogginsposted 4 years ago

I have a variety of hubs written over a wide spectrum. I have read here and on other article sites that to build a stronger brand it might be better to split the articles under different pen-names. Is it possible to open alternate accounts and redistribute the hubs I already wrote?

2. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 4 years ago

Yes, it is possible although you'll have to unpublish them from your main account first and then wait a few days before they're de-indexed from the search engines, because HP doesn't allow duplicate content.

If you'd asked this question a couple of years ago, I personally would have said "great idea - go for it". But now I'd be more cautious, unless you're planning to have a couple of hundred hubs on each account. If you only have a handful of hubs in your niche accounts, it will take ages before you make payout on the HP Ad Program because each account is treated separately for Ad Program purposes - you can't consolidate your earnings.

Of course, if you're not on the Ad Program or have deactivated it, then ignore what I said in the last paragraph lol.

1. ecoggins profile image92
      ecogginsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Empress Fecility,  Your answer is very insightful and helpful. Thank you.