jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Is it possible to link to a single capsule in a hub?

1. WannaB Writer profile image92
    WannaB Writerposted 4 years ago

I want to make a recipe hub for a salad but the dressing can be used in many other recipes. It would be difficult to post the recipe in a separate hub because it's short and I don't want to have to figure out 400-500 words to say about it for a separate hub. Is is possible to include it as a separate capsule in the recipe hub for the salad and then link just to that capsule from other hubs or recipes I've written on other sites? I don't want to duplicate the material i those other recipes.

1. sharkfacts profile image89
      sharkfactsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you can do that.

Right click on the hub and choose 'view page source' Use the Crtl+F function to find the capsule heading you want to link to.

Read the source code of your subtitle line, and look for the related mode number - it should read something like id="mod_16670163"

The link you want to link to is wannabwriter.hubpages.com/hub/hub-title#mod_16670163 or whatever the mod number is.

Just put the normal link to the hub and then put the hash sign followed by the number, no spaces.

1. WannaB Writer profile image92
        WannaB Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much. I just walked in the door and now I'm ready to start writing.

2. NateB11 profile image92
        NateB11posted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is very helpful, thanks! I've been trying to figure out how to do this too and I didn't know anything about looking at the page source, etc. Really good information.