jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (23 posts)

Adsense Earning Vs Active participation in Hubpages

1. Trsmd profile image60
    Trsmdposted 7 years ago

Recently I have observed that whenvever I signup and do some activity in Hubpages - like Posting a New Hub or commenting other pages or analysing some topics in Hubpages... My earning is less.

When I Log out and again Re-Login between these period my earnings are More..

Anyone observed these .. or just coincidence for me..

Two Days there was problem in my computer and I was unable to login and that day was my Highest Earning for that Month...

Any views about these.. please share..

1. Sally's Trove profile image99
      Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out why my Hub score and AdSense earnings rates fluctuate.  Both Google and HubPages have their secrets about this, and mostly, I don't think about it or try to analyze it.

But two things are certain.  One, if you write original, rich content, you will be rewarded.  Two, if you look at your AdSense earnings every day without looking at where these earnings are coming from (by looking at Google Analytics, for example), then you will drive yourself nuts.

HubPages is not the venue for instant money gratification.  Slow and steady wins the race here.

1. bizmindset asia profile image61
        bizmindset asiaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If that's the case. I'll persevere.

I am a newbie here, so I am gathering more information on optimization.

I think the posts here are helpful.

2. ngureco profile image87
      ngurecoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Dad, the opposite is true. What you have observed is just a coincidence for you

2. charlemont profile image84
    charlemontposted 7 years ago

Hmm... very interesting observation. Will do same tomorrow - not visiting HP for the whole day.

1. hubber-2009 profile image61
      hubber-2009posted 7 years ago in reply to this

If we quit hubpages, our earning will increase?

How is it possible?

3. rmshdc profile image60
    rmshdcposted 7 years ago

I haven't notice such a pattern in adsense earnings.

In fact, if you take active particpation in hub activities, you get better ranking in google which lead to more visitors to your hubpages.

1. gunsock profile image88
      gunsockposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's what I've noticed too. I can't imagine that absence of Hub Page activity can benefit adsense earnings.

4. crusador profile image64
    crusadorposted 7 years ago

Your absence or presence has nothing to do with earnings or page views. Both earnings and page views are related to relevance of your hubs with happenings in the locality/state/country  to that they relates. For eg., page views on hubs related to  Christmas themes are expected to have more page views during 2nd fortnight of December.It could be a coincidence that your absence from HP coincided with such types of occurrence.

5. henrytom profile image58
    henrytomposted 7 years ago

Hi fellow hubbers, i've not made any earning. How can you help me out. thanx in anticipation

1. gunsock profile image88
      gunsockposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Henrytom

Your adsense earnings depend on a number of factors - your hubs should contain fresh, well-written, interesting content. I see that you have so far only published one short hub.

I would advise that you write more hubs with more content. You'll find that the adsense earnings will start to come in.

1. henrytom profile image58
        henrytomposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ithanks for the advice

2. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

One hub isn't going to do much. Especially one so short.

6. Research Analyst profile image80
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

I have always wondered how that works, thanks!

7. teeray profile image75
    teerayposted 7 years ago

I think once I figure out the google analytics properly, then I will know more about why my adsense account balances rise on some days but not so much on others. I haven't found that 'activity' at hubpages causes any lowered balance, but I will keep this in mind now.

I'm kind of with "Sally Trove" on this issue (stopped trying to figure out how google works) - I realize that I need to just make my hubs better and not attempt any 'hit' tactics with google or any 'activity spurts' at hubpages just to cause increased traffic. If I show up and post on others' hubs or in the forum when I am 'in the mood' for this - okay - but if I force myself to do so to gain 'hits' or try to just 'be active' here, my comments are cranky and flaky lol So I figure most people don't appreciate me much when I try to just show up 'to make cash'

I've found - it's better to log in here when I have something 'reasonable' on my mind to write about - then set about to make a decent hub (oh, lord knows I have some bad ones, too, that still need fixing - no amount of google hits are gonna fix those ones lol)

Anyhow - thx all for the responses - and thx, Trsmd for the topic - gives me more to think about.

8. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

The frequency at which you publish hubs or check your HP account or Google account, isn't going to affect your earnings. If that were the case many of us wouldn't be making nothing, as many of us check out HP accounts daily, if not several times a day.

I never really worried about how to make more money. I just assume that by writing more detailed hubs, I'll have more possibilities to making more money in Adsense. I just write to help others, and in doing so the more hubs I write the more I find in my Adsense account each month It's a win-win situation, I think.

1. Reg Brittain profile image60
      Reg Brittainposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My sense is Whitney has hit the nail on the head.  (And she has the experience here to know what she's talking about.)

9. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

AdSense earnings do relate to active participation in HubPages but it's NOT *your* activity that effects your earnings, it's the activity of your Hub visitors.

10. tommen profile image81
    tommenposted 7 years ago

I have been a hubber for a year and not received any adsense earnings from here yet.My adsense ID is in place.Perhaps I should participate more in hubpages and see if that helps.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, "Flood your site with Social Traffic," lol , I can't go on........ lol

You may want to rethink your hub topics.

Not as easy as you thought huh?

11. tommen profile image81
    tommenposted 7 years ago

Ha ha, good one Mark smile

Social media works, but I guess the correct medicine for this one is participation and building more hubs that are information rich and gives value.Those who build hubs just for money are doing it for the wrong reasons.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, you can do both, but it takes time.

2. Miranda Rights profile image60
      Miranda Rightsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

ZOMG. So wrong.

Lots of good hubs = Monies

2 Hubs = No monies (Unless you write two major resources people can't live without and add promotion, back links, etc)