jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

It is killing me

1. NC4Life078 profile image83
    NC4Life078posted 4 years ago

I wrote the longest Hub I ever had. It seems to be getting feedback (One person even clicked beautiful, which is odd because I never considered it that). It is on a topic I know extremely well, yet, a topic that is extremely popular. I tried my hardest to ensure that the content was original. I did this by adding my personal knowledge and expertise in the matter. Yet, it still has an incredibly low hub score.

I did have an excessive amount of tags to start, because of the variety of terms used in the topic. I then found out that 10-15 is the norm. I initially had upwards of 30ish, which has been fixed. I was affraid to link it, but, I found out it was okay in this forum. If someone does not mind a lengthy hub, I would appreciate the critical feedback. I don't think the writing is bad, or I have yet to have someone critique me (except my mother-in-law)

http://nc4life078.hubpages.com/hub/Bug- … f-survival

2. PegCole17 profile image91
    PegCole17posted 4 years ago

Hi NC4,
    You've made a good start here and I wouldn't be too discouraged by a low hub score after only 2 weeks. It takes a while (sometimes weeks) for hubs to rise in rank as they start to draw traffic.

If I could make a few suggestions, try reading your hub out loud and see where you might want to condense some of the repetitive sentences, for example, less focus on what the bag is called and more focus on the heart of the topic. You could group similar items like putting the birth control pills in the same area with other prescription meds that should go in the bag and delete unnecessary phrases like "Now I'm gonna talk about...".

In no time you will find your true writer's voice and looking back on early hubs you will see how far you have come along. There is a great hub on writing tips written by James A. Watkins called "Advice for Success on HubPages"
    http://james-a-watkins.hubpages.com/hub … n-HubPages
    With over a million hits he is one who knows.

All the best to you and a warm welcome to HubPages.

1. NC4Life078 profile image83
      NC4Life078posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! I was trying to ensure that everyone had a clear understanding of what it was, who should have one, what it should be, and what should go in it. I really wanted it to transition into the next paragraph for a good flow. Your right about the birth control, good advice, and great hub too. Thank you for your help!

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 4 years ago

It's not that long a hub. Sometimes Hub, scores people's writings down in score especially over the weekends.
    I wouldn't worry so much about the score as it doesn't reflect upon your abilities.