jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

SUGGESTION: Lower Threshold for Payout

1. formosangirl profile image83
    formosangirlposted 4 years ago

I am sure that Hubpages makes interest from all of the earnings below threshold, but by keeping it at $50, it may be a long wait for a newbie. It would be a little more exciting and a better incentive if this could be lower, just like improving morale.

2. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 4 years ago

I don't think HP earns interest on our earnings while they wait for us to hit the threshold. I think the threshold is more of a matter of cost effectiveness. HubPages may have to pay a fee on all outgoing payments and without a threshold, HP would likely lose a lot of money (errr, technically it would cut profit) paying 50 cents (or whatever it is) to send $1.99 to a user.

Perhaps if it's not too low, though, like maybe $40 or something.

3. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 4 years ago

I agree that it would be nice to lower the payout threshold, particularly as many of us are now finding it's several months between payouts at the current threshold! My suggestion would be $30.

4. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

Why do you say that HP does not earn interest from user accounts that are not at payout level?

Given that tens of thousands of people writing on here most likely have to wait months or even years to reach payout, that represents a substantial sum of money, which has been earned in advertising fees but does not have to be paid out immediately.

This sum could be used to earn interest in a business savings account or on the short-term money markets.

That is why it is totally against HP's interest to reduce the payout level or to permit one user's multiple accounts to be merged with respect to payout.

5. MickiS profile image94
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

formosangirl, thanks for the suggestion. There was a similar thread on this subject, if you want more o this topic:

As Melbel points out, there are fees associated with us making payments which is why the threshhold was set at $50. However, I will investigate if there is a lower, but still cost-effective threshhold. Give me a few days, and stay tuned.

1. WriteAngled profile image92
      WriteAngledposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You are still not giving any satisfactory answer about merging accounts.

You gave a wishy-washy answer about different Paypal details.

I have two accounts, each with the same email registered for Paypal.

Why is it not possible to merge these accounts for payment. The Paypal details are identical.

Why are you being so economical with the truth?  It is obvious you do not want to merge accounts, because it is to your advantage to have all outstanding monies invested in your favour, with payout delayed as long as possible.

Are you able to give a different and justified reason for your intransigence?