jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

Commonly violated hubpage rule

1. nick boston profile image57
    nick bostonposted 5 years ago

What's commonly violated rule in hubpage?

1. mary615 profile image94
      mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it is duplication.  HP is very strict about this one, and they WILL KNOW.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image91
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Openly talking about earnings.  This is expressly forbidden in the TOS, yet people quote actual figures often.  While it's nice to know what people are earning, etc., it's a violation of hub pages rules.

1. rmcrayne profile image94
        rmcrayneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe you are mistaken.  HubPages has posted success stories with earnings from hubbers such as habee, relache, and many others.  I believe you are referring to Google restrictions, whereby you are not to post specific statistics along with exact earnings.

2. Denise Handlon profile image87
        Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree with rmcrayne--there is a forum on the Sandpit talking about this.  I think it is up to the individual if they want to share this info or not.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

Hi, it is not a rule but rather should be a practice : READ THE TOS

everybody don't read it, am guilty..

1. KevinTimothy profile image88
      KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Agreed here.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile

3. KevinTimothy profile image88
    KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago

Way to many people use Hubpages for spam and self promotion. I just wish they would realize that it will only harm everyone as a whole, as search engines will lose respect for the community. Hubpages is actually quite a respectable information resource and that's what people rely on the internet for.

1. lorlie6 profile image83
      lorlie6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Beautifully put, KevinTimothy.  Cyberspace is so full of unreliable and even deliberately false information that search engines have their work cut out for them-I'm certain hubpages will continue to be a quality site worthy of its own accolades!

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

Self promoting links to their own hubs in other hubber's comment sections. Really really annoying and totally against the rules.

5. nick boston profile image57
    nick bostonposted 5 years ago

I'd better start reading the TOS then so I won't violate any. It looks like there's a bunch of rules to observe based on what you guys have shared here. Thanks a lot.

6. JakeFrost profile image61
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

As someone already said I think it is duplication. I am glad HubPages is strict on this, how easy would it be just to copy and paste someone else's hub and put it as your own!

Keep it up Hubpages, you always catch the duplicators...

7. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Too many to list.

1. Denise Handlon profile image87
      Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile

2. profile image59
      Junebug39posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I ve learn a lot about  writing  on  hubpages  forum, Its very inspirational and  very  uplifing.

working