jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Someone put their website in a comment to one of my hubs

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image97
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 4 years ago

I'm new here and someone wrote a comment on one of my hubs and then put a website in the comment.  It actually pertains to the article, but I'm not sure if that is ok or not.  I looked at the commenter and their comment history and it's pretty clear that is why they are on hubpages.  I accepted the comment, but now have second thoughts.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure but I think HP changes those to no-follow. You can always email HP team also. smile

Glimmer Twin Fanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your input!

3. Outbound Dan profile image97
    Outbound Danposted 4 years ago

The people that post links on my comment sections are usually non-Hubbers that are just looking for an easy backlink to their own site.  I just delete the comment.

Thanks for your input!

4. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Whether it is "okay" or not is your call.

Personally, I disapprove and delete comments like that.

1. Pearldiver profile image88
      Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

+ 1

That's Ditto for me also..

2. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image97

Thanks for your input!

5. Glenn Stok profile image98
    Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago

Right below the comment box on every Hub, HP has a statement that clearly says. "Comments are not for promoting your Hubs or other sites."

I delete and do not approve comments that are self-promotional.

You also have to be concerned about the value of that site. Google may lower your ranking if you have a link to a low quality site.

Another problem, one I ran into... I once received a notice from HP that one of my hubs had a link to a site that put a virus on your system when visiting that site.

So as you can see, there are several reasons for not allowing links in comments.

Thanks!

6. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image97
    Glimmer Twin Fanposted 4 years ago

Thanks all for your help.  I have since deleted the comment.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

If a link they put in is exactly related to the subject of a hub and is offering extra information I will let it stay. However, anything else and it gets denied.

8. Made profile image59
    Madeposted 4 years ago

I would delete it. If a HubPages member is putting the same links as comments on many hubs, I would see it as spam an flag him/her. I have seen it happen a few times. These are often new members who haven't yet written anything else than their links. They are obviously just back linking. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm no expert. smile

working