jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

new hubber following 18 already, 0 Hubs.

1. mary615 profile image94
    mary615posted 4 years ago

Just a comment:  Someone who joined HubPages 104 minutes ago is now following 18 people. She has written 0 Hubs.   I don't understand why they do this.  Any thoughts???

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Don't Worry Mary..... enjoy your holiday time  sad

This one will probably choose to follow you within her first 50... smile

I believe it relates to being a social networking practice encouraged everywhere else... or it may just be A 2nd Account for an established hubber with 100s of follows  big_smile

mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Gee, Pearldiver, I never thought of that!  smile

3. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

Mary, she can "socialize" all she wants, and not write a thing.  And, if she writes anything, it doesn't have to be stellar.  Many people socialize on this site, and don't write at all.  This includes participating in the Forums.  What gets on my nerves are the ones who write anywhere from 1-3 Hubs, then feel this need to ask you to help with their personal problems.  If you have to ask strangers to help you solve your problems in the first place, that's pretty bad!

4. JBrumett profile image60
    JBrumettposted 4 years ago

Who cares what other people do with their free time.  =-P

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

This happens a lot with new members who want to get people to 'follow' them back before they start publishing. They mistakenly believe if they follow you, it goes without saying you will follow them back! If this were true, and those people read all that the hubber then went on to write, they guarantee they will have traffic and therefore income from the beginning of their publishing here.

Of course the clever hubbers realise this doesn't work and wait to get followers based on the quality of their writing, not because they attempt to trick or manipulate people into following them!

mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I totally agree, mistyhorizon2003.

6. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 4 years ago

My mom has an HP account, but hasn't made any hubs. She's followed a few hubbers who write in a style she likes and plays around the site in order to get the gist of the whole thing. I think it's a rather common thing to do.

1. 61
      Junebug39posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am  new  to  hubpages, but  I amworking  to  make. Five  or    six. Hubs  in  a  few  days, hopelly  wil

7. moonlake profile image90
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

I've seen this happen before and I think there's no problem with them doing it maybe wanted to keep track of what you write. I don't think it's a good idea to follow someone that does that.