jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

SUGGESTION: Broken Links

1. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

It would be useful to have the ability to automatically delete all 'broken links'. While sometimes I like to visit indivudual hubs to check the link, in most cases I simply delete the offending link.....

1. anasshad profile image82
      anasshadposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it would really be useful. Broken links are very irritating.

2. Nouveau Skeptic profile image78
    Nouveau Skepticposted 4 years ago

But surely you need to check each link to decide if the unlinked text would even make sense? What if it said "click here for more information" or something similar?

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think there should be a choice. I generally don't have a 'click here' link - but link to other hubs, or my own hubs. When the other hub is deleted, or I delete my own hub, removing the link makes sense.

3. MickiS profile image94
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, SimeyC.

4. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

I have two Broken Links on my account right now.  One is from my homemade (LOL) YouTube video, and the other one is a cartoon from YouTube.  The problem is, I have the Broken Link symbols, but when I check them, there is no indication of the Broken Links being there.  No highlighting, either.  If I view it on my computer, the videos are okay.  I haven't tested the Hubs on another computer, but am I supposed to remove the YouTube videos and load the same one again from my YouTube file?  It shows I'm still getting views.  I've had this problem in the past and was able to fix it, but I'm stuck on these two Hubs right now.  One has been with the symbol for weeks, but I don't know how to fix it.  Which makes two problems. Thanks!