jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

SUGGESTION: Notification of Answers and Fan Mail

1. ktrapp profile image92
    ktrappposted 4 years ago

On our individual feeds next to our profile photo we can see if we have new comments to any of our hubs? Would it be possible to also receive notification here of any answers to our posted questions and Fan Mail awaiting approval.

Currently next to the profile there are links for:
    - Comments
    - Your Hubs
    - Your Profile

It seems like 'Your Hub's and 'Your Profile' could be removed since they are in the menu dropdown immediately above the photo already.

The new list could contain notifications for:
    - Comments
    - Answers
    - Fan Mail

Each could have the little circle with a number in it if activity has occurred.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

That would be nice to have an easy way to see when you have new fan mail or answers. Great idea!

3. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I get notified when I get answers to questions or answers smile check the settings for notifications ... I think on your profile tongue

1. ktrapp profile image92
      ktrappposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the idea. I took a look at my settings and I do receive these notifications through the daily digest email and I could also sift through the notifications that we receive under "notifications." The problem is, the email is once a day and I don't want to enable the instant email and check there to see if someone replied to one of my questions when I'm already on HP. And the "notifications" section can be a little cumbersome to sift through to see if someone responded to anything I've written like a hub or question.

That's why I was thinking, for the sake of simplicity, it would be really nice to have some sort of visual tally of responses like we do already see for comments to our hubs. But I appreciate you pointing that out. I hadn't looked at those email settings in some time so it was a nice refresher of what's available to us. Thanks again.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

I agree with you ktrapp - it would be useful to see a number using the same type of format that the comments have.