jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

My First Hub!! Any Feedback?

1. agilitymach profile image98
    agilitymachposted 4 years ago

I published my first hub, and am looking for feedback.  I'll be linking this hub to another I'll soon publish on the basics of puppy socialization.

However, before publishing my second hub, I'd love to hear some feedback.  Am I making any big mistakes?  Is the layout OK?  How can I improve?

I appreciate any comments.

http://agilitymach.hubpages.com/hub/A-C … ialization

(I understand it's OK to directly link a hub in this part of the forum, but no others.  If this isn't so moderators, please let me know!) smile

The above hub got marked as duplicate as I made the newbie mistake of using my own work off of my personal website.  I'll have to remove the work off of my website before resubmitting!!  So here is my second hub...or really first published hub.  It is all new work, so it should fly. smile
    http://agilitymach.hubpages.com/hub/Soc … asics?done

Please - any critiques?

1. ChaplinSpeaks profile image95
      ChaplinSpeaksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi, agilitymach.  Welcome to Hubpages!  Your hub is very well-written and it is a great story.  Your pictures are also excellent.
      I have found that multiple text capsules that break up the text works best for online writing.  To do well on Google searches, you need to write about something that others are looking for.  Your expertise as an agility trainer will definitely give you the authority to write about that.  Your plan for that second hub topic sounds perfect. Use the learning center to find out how to pick a good topic and title.  Good luck!

2. agilitymach profile image98
    agilitymachposted 4 years ago

Thanks Chaplin!!  I just discovered that my first hub got a message saying it was a "duplicate."  I was a bit confused by this as it is my original work, but I do have it posted on my agility training website as well.  Is that why it got the "duplicate" message and is there anyway to overcome that?

Thanks!

1. ChaplinSpeaks profile image95
      ChaplinSpeaksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, and I think you have it figured out now about the duplicate content!  Your 2nd hub looks great, and the bullets work especially well.  Great job!

agilitymachposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Chaplin!!  I'm figuring it out slowly.  I'm still making mistakes though as I put a signature of my dogs' competition titles on one of my forum posts!! :0  I think everyone is very helpful with the noobs though, and it is greatly appreciated.

3. annalandia143 profile image60
    annalandia143posted 4 years ago

hi agilitymach!! it is my first time to write too, but the problem is I still don't have anything in my mind to write yet. I'm still collecting some basic informations from the learning center just so I won't mess things up. Anyway, goog luck to all of us, esp. me! ;D

Good luck to you too!!  I just published my third hub. Right now, I'm doing some more simple projects to see how the system works.  I've done a couple of book reviews besides the puppy socialization piece I posted earlier.  You might look to starting with book reviews or recipes to learn how the website works.  I'm finding that helpful myself. smile

1. annalandia143 profile image60
        annalandia143posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Congrats on your third hub!! big_smile Btw., Thank you!
        Actually, I came up with something right now, and I'm currently writing about it. Hope it will be a good start.

Since we can post links in this thread, please post your first hub.  I'd love to see it!!!

1. annalandia143 profile image60
            annalandia143posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sure, sure, I'd love too!! Can't wait to post it! Hey, make sure that I can read about your hub too, ok??? smile

working