jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (16 posts)

Cannot load pictures into a new hub, without blowing out my internet

1. Efficient Admin profile image94
    Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago

Hello:
    I am trying to create a new hub and it has photos to be loaded.  I never had any problems before now. The photos will not load and then all of a sudden I cannot access the internet anymore.  I have no problem accessing the internet on my computer, until I try to load a photo into a hub I am trying to publish. The photos will not load, and then I can't access the internet.  Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing.
      Is you computer dropping connection to the Internet and/or your ISP?
      It could potentially be your router, wireless access point, cable modem, DSL device or other network hardware.

Can you access other sites when this occurs?

I see you are using Internet Explorer 9 in Windows Vista.
      In general HubPages works best with Firefox.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#browsers

Does the issue persist if you use Firefox?

There are also some other tips (browser cache clean, etc.) you can find in the bug report FAQ.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/99079

Efficient Adminposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hello Matthew - thank you for your response. I have no problems surfing the net and visiting other websites - that is until I try to Edit an unpublished hub to load photos into it - then the web freezes up and I cannot connect to any other webpages at all.  The photos never do load into this unpublished hub and I keep getting messages "Oops there is something wrong - you may want to report to Hubpages".  Then my internet stops working.  Then I have to shut my computer all the way down, and log back in and then my internet works again, but if I try to continue loading photos into that unpublished hub,  my internet connection again completely stops working when I try to load my photos in my unpublished hub.

So the bottom line is my internet connection works fine until I try to load a photo into my unpublished hub, then all hell breaks loose and I lose internet connection and have to shut down the computer to get it back.

I tested using Internet Explorer 9 and was not able to reproduce the issue.

Did clearing your cache (outlined in FAQ) and using a different web browser have any effect?

I cleaned out the cache and am using Firefox now and tried to edit the photo capsule and I had the same problem - it blew my internet connection out the window and I had to shut completely down, then reboot.  I am wondering if there is a bug in that particular hub?  I will try to publish a new hub and see if the same problem occurs.  This problem unpublished hub is a recipe format and whenever I edit any photo capsule in there I have the internet disconnection problem.

1. IzzyM profile image86
              IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This might help - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … 9723dc9300

Check out the comments at the bottom - they all talk of rolling back drivers as being the fix!

Thanks Izzy I am reading it now.  I never had any problems before until this particular Recipe hub. I created a new Article hub today and loaded a photo and didn't have any problem.

2. Efficient Admin profile image94

I just published another hub and tried loading a picture in the photo capsule and it worked!  I always seem to have trouble with those recipe hubs. Matthew maybe it's just that particular hub?  Maybe I should delete the troubled hub and start all over.

@Efficient Admin
              Can you supply the URL for the problematic Hub?
              I can then check it out and see what I can determine.

Here is the link to the problematic Hub:
                http://efficientadmin.hubpages.com/hub/ … Fried-Rice

This hub also keeps showing this message and I just can't figure out how to fix it: 
                "WARNING: There are one or more recipe capsules in this Hub, but this Hub will not appear as a recipe in search results"

Thanks Matthew.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
                  Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You need the ratings capsule.

I checked the Hub and there is a ratings capsule towards the bottom.  The ratings capsule did not have any information added to it.  Once I clicked on Edit and added the info to be rated, the warning message went away.  Thanks Uninvited Writer!!

2. Efficient Admin profile image94

I have tried today to add a picture to another hub, which is an Article Hub format, and the same thing is happening.  I am not able to load photos into my hubs without crashing my whole internet connection.  Before adding photos to a hub I have no problem with my internet connection.  This problem only started happening in the last 2 weeks.  I used to be able to add photos to any hub with no problems.  Now I am unable to add photos to any of my hubs without my internet connection crashing.

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Yep I've got rubbish going on on my site too..  And it seems as if your speed has dropped completely - you change pages and get a 'Server was Reset' notice - feels like you have been shut in a room and the site has stopped, no one else on it, - my accolades keep disappearing and my hubs are lost in a sandpit with many of them re-located to obscure topic locations that I don't write on... etc  etc...

There is a Major Bug.... and/or a Proxy server is being used to interfere with the site! It's not the first time either, or it has been here for at least a year!  sad

This sounds awful.  Is this something Hubpages is working on, or do I have to do something on my end?  Thanks for responding.

working