jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Avoiding Duplicate Page

1. AysheConaty profile image61
    AysheConatyposted 4 years ago

Hi there,

I am hoping to become a singer and after following some advice I put some videos on HubPages with song details and stuff.

Basically, I have made 14 Hubs in the last two days, 12 of which were taken down. They are all very similar to each other and I do understand the need for a hub to be unique. I have tried to make each hub individual, I added song lyrics (hoping to make each hub completely different) however as I only sing covers at the moment these lyrics are elsewhere on the web. I also wrote a little paragraph on each song about what I think and what the lyrics mean to me etc.

My question is how can I single out each hub, I have no idea what to write for each one. And I dont want to just use YouTube, I really like HubPages and want to try really hard for it to work here.

I have made the two hubs that are still published the same as the others (with lyrics, information) I just want to know what to add/change to stop them from being marked as duplicate

Thanks guys

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can't post stuff that is not yours and if it's duplicated on other sites you can't put it on hubpages.

AysheConatyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The only part that isn't mine are the lyrics, would it be best to just take them out? I am quite new to this and dont like breaking the rules

AysheConatyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just when I take the lyrics out the hub is too short, I'm not really sure how to fill that space, especially how I have to come up with something different for 14 hubs

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
            Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A longer explanation of why you are doing the particular song and the reasons involved. What it means to you, how a particular song effects your, influences you, etc., A story about the song, in general.

As for quoting the lyrics and such, I can see how that would trigger a duplicate filter. Perhaps with the longer lead in to the video and your performance you could just post a link to the song lyrics where the reader could click to view the lyrics.

Just a thought or two. Good luck!

2. 0
            summerberrieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Another ankle you might think about is to write hubs based around a  music niche with search friendly titles and then incorporate your music into those hubs.  Such as "Best Way to Learn How to Play the Guitar" then write a hub on this topic and add a video clip of you demonstrating. Other titles might be:
            How to overcome stage fright
            How to become a successful singer
            Ideas on self-promotion: singing
            How to start singing in clubs
            Top (type of music genre) music performances
            Reasons for a singer to have a manager (or not have a manager)
            When should a singer hire a manager

2. 0
    summerberrieposted 4 years ago