Is there an alternative to PayPal for getting paid through Hubpages?

1. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 4 years ago

It's not for me, it's for a friend; she has issues with PayPal, but wants to write for Hubpages.

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

If she has issues with Paypal, then she shouldn't take part with HubPages Ads Program, but can still be a member of HubPages.

Last time I checked, join HubPages Ads Program wasn't a requirement of membership. There are other avenues to earn(attempt to earn) through.

3. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

A person doesn't have to participate in the HP ad program if he doesn't want to.  I don't know if a new person signing up is required to have a PayPal account these days, but not everyone participates in HP ad program.  Instead they earn what they earn (and are paid) directly through Google.

Either way, it takes a lot of people (most, I think) awhile for their stuff to start earning enough to get a payment regularly; so unless it's out-and-out mandatory to give HP a PayPal e.mail upon starting a new HP user account, your friend should just sign up and skip the part about "configure HP ads program" (or however it's worded).  Participation in the HP ads program is not mandatory.  I just don't happen to know if someone brand new is asked to give a PayPal e.mail address before he ever gets to the "configure earnings" part of the process.   (That might be in the "help" section, but even if someone can't find it, it's quick enough to try opening an account and end the process if he discovers they ask for a PayPal e.mail before he gets to the "earnings" past of the process.)

(Using only Ad Sense, as compared to HP Ads with a little Ad Sense, works better for some people anyway.)