What would you consider a good amount of hits on your Hub, per day?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (36 posts)
  1. donotfear profile image85
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

Realize it may be different for each person, but based on the average hubber, I'm wondering how many hits to, say, a fairly decent hub.  100 hits?    200 hits?    Some folks may get 0 , others get 10.   

Yeah, yeah, I know.  It's too general a question, but just wondered.

1. Karen Hellier profile image89
      Karen Hellierposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When I first started here, I was thinking 100 hits a day would be great. But once I reached that after 5 months on Hub Pages, I want more and more. My next goal is 500 per day. I am at about 200 per day now so I have a ways to go.

2. kaiyan717 profile image85
      kaiyan717posted 11 years agoin reply to this

My goal is for at least a 1000 a day, although on the weekends it can almost cut in half.  This way I usually get my pay out every month which is always  a plus.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can expect to make a few dollars per thousand views.  So it really depends what level of income you are expecting.

4. warchild75 profile image64
      warchild75posted 11 years agoin reply to this

My best hub ever recieved around 350 views a day and is now at around 250,000 views all time, My hubs overall at their peak were recieving about 3,500 a day. That has got lower now as I had a years absence!!

2. robhampton profile image91
    robhamptonposted 11 years ago

I am at around 500 per day with just 26 hubs which reaches payout, so I guess that's a decent amount

3. kathyinmn profile image60
    kathyinmnposted 11 years ago

I have not been long on here and I am still learning the ropes, so to speak.
    Right now I am getting about 12 hits a day.
    On weekends I post new stories so during the week the people will have something new to read, am I doing this wrong?
    I am also exploring new subject matter to gather new followers, but I have found that I do have subjects that I am very interested in and the stories turn out much better.
    I would be happy to hear any advice you can give me

1. robhampton profile image91
      robhamptonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I did not see an increase in traffic until after the first year. It started to then steadily increase and skyrocketed just after my second year. Don't be discouraged, stick with it and read all of the forums and hubs about increasing web traffic. I've learned alot over last few months.

<TOS violating image snipped>

2. carol7777 profile image74
      carol7777posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am also new...and glad to hear people are not getting hundreds of hits a day in the beginning.  I have been writing here for 5 weeks. Good luck and stay posted.

3. tmbridgeland profile image80
      tmbridgelandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I found that fiction brings in few people. When I was posting it regularly I had decent traffic, but as soon as I stopped, it all dried up and no Google traffic.

4. carol7777 profile image74

I am also new here.  So far about 100 a day.  But that can change.  I know we have to keep on writing and also find our stride.  I have and continue to read everything I can on help page and other writers who have succeeded.  It is a daily commitment.  Be will to write, comment, read and learn...And I guess have some patience.

4. SolveMyMaze profile image50
    SolveMyMazeposted 11 years ago

I'm only getting like 32 hits per day, and never had a payout before. Is it still a minimum of $50?

1. tmbridgeland profile image80
      tmbridgelandposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It took a year and a half to start getting enough visits to begin building up any significant amount of money. Somewhere around 200+ visits per day to make a dollar a day, for me.

2. Teresa Schultz profile image66
      Teresa Schultzposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@SolveMyMaze - yes, you still need to earn $50 with the HubPages ad program before getting a payout. I've had only one payout so far. The payout doesn't come right away; whenever you reach $50, you still wait for the end of that month, and then add another month onto that before you get your payout.

5. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

I'd be happy with anything consistently above zero.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I published a hub (on another name) and was delighted when it got 200 hits in its first 24 hours, but then I published another on another account, and it got over 1000 hits in its first 24 hours.
      The possibilities here on HP are endless if you don't have a slapped subdomain.
      This one is slapped by Google, but has recently become a darling of Yahoo and Bing so its beginning to do OK again - but where is the Google traffic??
      Folks, title your hubs carefully - make sure they include your main keywords. Write at least 700 words if you can, with related photos and videos, if you can find any. Interlink it with your other hubs, or with other hubs on related topics. Research your topic carefully to make sure you are answering what searchers are looking for.
      Sit back, and watch the traffic roll in smile
      - Until the next algorithm change anyway..

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
        Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Something else I've seen lots of hubbers do is have there titles over 60 characters. Pare down those title words, use your keyword phrase and keep it below 60 characters.

6. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 11 years ago

I don't bother to count any more. The hits come or they don't. Unless we play the tired old SEO game, the hubs will get what they get.

7. Doodlehead profile image47
    Doodleheadposted 11 years ago

May I ask approximately how many hubs you had at that time?

8. profile image0
    hello mamaposted 11 years ago

help me get hits guys! check out my new hub about being a young mother.

9. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

When I first started writing here and looked at the graph on my profile page for hub visits; the climb was always upwards.

I thought that as long as you published hubs regularly that was how things would remain. My idea was a  graph that displayed that it climbed as visits grew along with the number of hubs you had published.

However there are 'wild-cards' in this game. Then your graph might take a big dip caused by things that are beyond your control. These cards can be delivered by search engine changes and web page changes. When that happens the numbers of visits can take a dive. It can take a time for the numbers to start to climb again or they might not recover to their former level.

For example my graph shows it climbing to nearly 1000 at one point then a rapid decline. After that it dips and dives but it is always well below the half way mark that it once achieved. I deleted hubs that I thought might be causing problems so ended up with less pages here.

I think it is the number of visits from search engines that count rather than the actual number of hubs you publish. Although the more hubs you have the more chance of visits. Your traffic might be seasonal on some hubs or you might find that out of 250 hubs only ten get the biggest percentage of visits. If you knew which ones they were going to be before you made them and could work out a formula for it then you might strike it lucky quickly. If you do can you please write a hub about it and let me know. For me it is not that easy, as I cannot predict what Google will like or want next week or year..

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The saying goes "You get 80% of your income from 20% of your hubs." If we all knew what to write about all of the time, it would be wonderful.

1. David 470 profile image79
        David 470posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is true in many cases. Mainly because the number of hubs you write does not matter if topics you write about are not what people are searching/looking for. Then you also have to take in consideration competition with other articles and websites.

Many times I have had one hub get 25% or so of my total views!

Obviously writing more hubs will increase chances of getting a hub that gets a lot of views (assuming the person writes on a topic that is at least somewhat known or popular.searched).

10. drspaniel profile image83
    drspanielposted 11 years ago

I would think that per Hub around 200-300 views is good. Combined I think around 12,000 hits a day is a very good day! smile

11. amuno profile image88
    amunoposted 11 years ago

Been here six months (but actually four active ones) and now with 36 six hubs. My hubs started poorly but seemed to pick up around May - June. Around mid June the hubs almost hit 1,000 a day and then gradually went down to about 400.

Am told it is the US holiday thing. Read the hubber view below;

http://amuno.hubpages.com/question/1853 … page-views

Seems its the Americans reading my hubs.

I am now getting between 400 and 300 a day for about two weeks. Hope it glides backup.

12. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 11 years ago

I´m already  happy when I got more than 200 hits a day but I would be happier when I get 500. That is my goal at the moment. I still have to learn more about backlinking especially this referral tracking.

1. 2uesday profile image65
      2uesdayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I take referral tracking to be different to back linking.

Referral links that are added to your URL links can earn you money if someone signs up to HubPages after following the link. It is not as complicated as it first looks to make a referral link to go into the URL. Once someone signs up in theory you should earn from the pages they write. If they write and do well you will earn a % (of Hubpages share). If they do not write Hubs - well you get what I mean.

Once you read through the instructions the process for adding a tracker is the same every time. You always add the referral tracker into the URL in the same place and it has a _in front of the referral code. You can make up your own referral tracker (on the tracker page). Make one which is easy to remember and then you can add it in the correct spot in the URL without it being a long string of numbers or letters.

Back linking is something I do not spend time on. Some like to do like to make back links, while others avoid it. If you do it then make sure you do it in a way that is not 'seen as 'spamming' by search engines'.

Hope this helps and if anyone can explain it better than this for Thelma and other Hubbers - please do so. I cannot think of an example of how to demonstrate it, bet it will be there somewhere in the Learning Center.

1. Thelma Alberts profile image91
        Thelma Albertsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much 2uesday. Since we started about referral links (I know I´m in the wrong thread, sorry guys), could you kindly please check  my profile if I have done it right? Thanks;-)

13. profile image53
    fakesilverposted 11 years ago

how much money?

14. David 470 profile image79
    David 470posted 11 years ago

Do you mean per hub or all hubs in general?

Per hub I think 50-2000 views a day is good, but it depends on how many hubs you have overall.

Overall I would say anywhere from 2000-30,000 hits a day would be good. Yes, I know that is a large range hmm, but that is basically the number you need to have if you want either extra cash, part-time income, or closer to full-time income (full-time income would require high CPM and tons of views to make over $1000 dollars a month, but people have done it).

In my experience, any hub that gets over 2000 views per day eventually goes down, but it usually goes down to a respectable amount of views per day (several hundred).

15. David 470 profile image79
    David 470posted 11 years ago

Only if I knew how to make very successful hubs more often because I have seen hub views that go up to 5000, although temporary, if I could do that more consistently then I could potentially have more success overall.

In my opinion there are two types of successful hubs (income wise/view wise) on HubPages.com

(1) HOT HUBS:  Hubs that you write and get tons of views overnight (for example, 0-2000 views). But they only stay at a high number of views for a short-time, but may drop off to a decent number or drop to nearly nothing. These hubs are great for increasing profits very fast, but you may need to figure out how to write more of these in the future if you want to keep making a faster increase in income.

(2) Evergreen Hubs:  Hubs that consistently get views for a VERY long time, but the views are quite low. These are good because you can work on more of these and expect to see consistent views, even though you might not  increase your income as fast as (slow but steady).

1. carol7777 profile image74

This is all amazing to me.  Not just being new, which I am, but getting so many views per hub a day.  I am interest to know what people wrie about and also what they do to promote this fabulous activity.

1. David 470 profile image79
        David 470posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Promotion is not always needed if a hub has good keywords. Some hubbers promote, others do not.

16. passthejelly profile image72
    passthejellyposted 11 years ago

My best hubs get around 100 a day. I know people get a lot more and people get a lot less.  Hard to say what is average.

17. jacharless profile image75
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Am with Jelly,
    50-100 is good. 50 hits/day @50 hubs equates to almost one million hits annum.
    25 hits @100 hubs is the same.

18. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 11 years ago

I guess what you can expect depends hugely on whether you do keyword research or not. I don't bother, so my views tend to be around 600 a day. I used to get around 2,000 a day but that was a long time ago, before Panda struck.

As for best Hub, it depends on the topic. On a Hub built around a keyword with 4,000 global searches per month that consistently moves around between 1st and 2nd spots in Google, I receive 100 views a day on average.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)