jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Categorizing hubs

1. Bedbugabscond profile image88
    Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago

I am going to go through my first 20 hubs and try to make sure they are categorized right. I remember reading somewhere that Google is more likely to find you if you are categorized properly. Is there a place to see where Google prefers to have things categorized, or do you just have to test it out.

For example, pictures of bug bites. I have it under personal health conditions and self help, would it better under diseases and conditions? What about a hub about treating such bites?

1. Bedbugabscond profile image88
      Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually I have the treatment one in skin diseases and conditions, maybe the bug pictures should go there, too.

2. tamron profile image60
    tamronposted 4 years ago

I have the same trouble.  I have several articles that can be put in more than one category.  What I do is find the category that is less competitive and try it for 3 months.  If traffic doesn't seem to be increasing than I put it in the next less competitive category.  If that don't work I change the title to fit the less competitive category.

Look at the amount of hubs in each category at the top of your hub.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Tamron, for that information. I read this yesterday, but was at a loss myself.  I think I will try your method and see how it works out for me. smile

3. Bedbugabscond profile image88
    Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago

Well, I switched a hub into a different category. I have seen noticeable traffic increases on that hub. Not sure if moving its category helped or if it was something else I tinkered with. Thanks for the tips, most of my hubs are still pretty dismal. I know I have only been around a few months, and my hubs need to mature, but I still cant help tinkering with them.

4. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

I have many that could fit well into more than one category -- I wish we could put them in more than one category at a time. Thanks for the idea of finding the category with the fewest hubs. I'll try it. Thanks!