jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

argumentative essay

1. exlunlimit profile image59
    exlunlimitposted 4 years ago

need some subjects

1. sholland10 profile image92
      sholland10posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Make sure your topic is an argument and not persuasive.  With argumentative, you want your side to be right, but you have to prove it by showing why the other side is wrong.  With persuasive, you are just trying to persuade others to come to your side. 

Think about something you feel very strongly about, but that is not overdone.  Abortion, legalizing marijuana, changing the drinking age to 18, puppy mills are examples of things that are overdone.  Most of us have strong feelings about these things and could argue and give both sides, but there wouldn't be anything new. 

Good luck! smile

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 4 years ago

I can argue anything just as exercise for fun. Best to take the unpopular side and defend it. What may be unpopular I could not begin to list.

3. recommend1 profile image71
    recommend1posted 4 years ago

Is it right to ban child labour in third world countries when the child wants to work and is sometimes the only person keeping his/her family in food.

What kind of government is needed to replace democracy as the model for all others.

. . . . just off the top of my head, I may come back with more later if you like  . . .