Resolved: Restore print feature of hub pages.

1. peoplepower73 profile image88
    peoplepower73posted 4 years ago

In the previous release of hub pages, there was a print feature where one could print the hub page they were viewing.  I thought it was very well thought out.  It had options for printing the page with graphic or without graphics and different settings for font sizes. I used it mainly for printing recipes and hubs that had procedures to be followed.  This may work well with the new recipe capsule.

2. MickiS profile image95
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

Hubs can still be printed. If you use the Print option from your browser (File > Print), we have a special style sheet embedded in the page that is for the print version so the Hub prints without ads, etc. Same as the old  Print button did.

Because the web browsers can read our print style sheet, there was no need to keep a Print button on the Hub.

1. peoplepower73 profile image88
      peoplepower73posted 4 years ago in reply to this

MickiS:  Thank you so much for your quick reply.  I meant ads instead of graphics.  I'm using Internet Explorer 7.  It doesn't have a file print menu, but it does have a printer icon.  I tried it and it works fine.  Since I didn't see the print feature, I didn't think to try printing from my browser.  Usually that will print everything that is on the browser page.  I wonder how many other hubbers are not aware of this. Thanks again.

Closed to reply