jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

RSS or not?

1. oursmartweb profile image61
    oursmartwebposted 4 years ago

Yes, I've been posting on Hub Pages for a while now, and I get a silly warning that I'm posing too many links. Well all I'm doing is adding my RSS feed. Why would this be an issue? Why have RSS feed if you're going to flag my post?

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have just viewed all six of your hubs. Out of the six, you have five that link two times to the same website. I see no RSS feed on any of those hubs.

On the sixth hub, I see violations there. SEO Explanation – Laymen's Terms has a total of five links to the same website.  If I had observed this while "hub-hopping" I would have flagged this hub as being over promotional.  You can not have over two links to the same site on any one hub. 

My advice, before you get it flagged, is to drop three of those links.

Again, I see no RSS feeds so I am not sure what the problem may be in regards to that.

1. oursmartweb profile image61
        oursmartwebposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So it gives me the option to have 3 rss posts. If I drop the links also within that post, it will still give me red flags. What to do?

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
          Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am not sure why you would be getting the "red" flags that you speak of. If you mean "red" flags on your stats/account page, that simply means that the views of your hubs are on a uphill swing, not that there are any violations.  There is an explanation of those symbols at the bottom of your "my account" page.

If those are not the red flags you are talking about, but you are receiving flags for too many links, I would suggest you email HubPages staff at team@hubpages.com and give them the explanation of the problem to see if they can offer a solution.  As mentioned, I only see the two links in the hubs so that should not, in my mind, be a violation at all.

2. jacharless profile image81
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

If the Feed contains links to the same domain -apart from internal hubs, and you add more links outside the feed to the same domain, that is a violation. adjust your feed volume or dump the duplicate links.

James

3. oursmartweb profile image61
    oursmartwebposted 4 years ago

Got it. Thanks gentleman.

4. jacharless profile image81
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

PS, ALL your Hub links point to oursmartweb.com.
    Be careful about getting flagged for being overly promotional.
    Just sayin`

working