jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Photo capsule: display style: no slideshow :(

1. vogue-eye profile image61
    vogue-eyeposted 5 years ago

Hi there,

On my image/photo capsule I have the options 'with border', 'no border' and 'thumbnail' options but there is no sign of the 'slideshow' option. You will make me very happy if you can help...

Thanks

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There has been a slight change in the photo capsule in regards to slide shows.  If you will mouse over your image, you should see, in the lower left of your photo, the option to "view all photos". I do believe the slide show is automatic now and not an option. In a review yesterday, I picked the option, "no border" as I have a total of six photos scattered about the hub in various photo capsules... However, when I mouse over the photos, the above option will appear so all photos can be viewed as a slide show.

In other hubs, the same thing with the exception I will use thumbnails..... the option to view will appear when you mouse over the large photo that is displayed.

That option used to be there all the time but it would block some of the photo and there were some complaints about that, so I guess the new format was in response to those complaints.

2. vogue-eye profile image61
    vogue-eyeposted 5 years ago

Hi Dale,
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I just tried the 'view all photos' option as you suggested. It works. But I think when you publish the hub, the photos are displayed individually and the reader has the choice to view them all as a slide show or leave them as they are. Am I right?

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They are displayed individually if you do not choose the thumbnail option. If you choose that option, then all the photos are displayed within the capsule with one large and the others at the top as thumbnails.  Even when not choosing that option, when you mouse over the individual photos you will be given the option to view all photos.

working