jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Suggestion - let other hubbers add tags to your hubs.

1. Bible Studies profile image80
    Bible Studiesposted 7 years ago

I admit that I have a hard time with adding tags. Sometimes I think the tags I add are unimportant to the person doing searching. I miss a very important tag that people would look for.

I thought it might be a neat feature to allow user added tags, from hub members only. Sometimes others may have a better idea of what type of tag to add, or think of something the creator of the hub hasn't.

It possibly could go towards hub activity also. It would also be hubers helping hubers, and encouraging more activity on the hub pages.

Just a thought.

2. weblog profile image58
    weblogposted 7 years ago

I don't know how it will be, I don't think it's a good idea.

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Even if it were restricted to other registered users it could, and I'd even bet would, result in misuse and abuse.

4. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Honestly I think only the writer should add tags to their hubs.  The automated future takes the guess work out of adding tags for those who are stumped.

5. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 7 years ago

This is a very good idea and is being used by many Websites. This will be successful only if there is an option to APPROVE or DENY the tags that visitors adds, just like we use the comments. This will be a brilliant thing to get more traffic as very important keywords that we don't know will be provided by this communication between visitors and hubbers. And we have the authority to approve it or not.

I give my 101% Support to this Option.

6. Cris A profile image61
    Cris Aposted 7 years ago

more than anybody else, it's the author who knows best what he/she has written about and what tags represent it most appropriately. the comment field should be sufficient for suggesting additional tags. moreover, this would make the author more careful in assigning tags knowing that searchability of his/her hubs depends solely on him/her  big_smile

7. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Shinu has a great modification to this idea I think. I am strongly against it in its original form, but if approval is added, it can work and actually be useful! smile

8. Bible Studies profile image80
    Bible Studiesposted 7 years ago

I agree, shinu's idea is a great modification to the idea.

I don't think anyone would add tag suggestions in the comments field. That just seems to just go against hub etiquette.

Unless there was another capsule added just for tag suggestions. This way the author themselves can decide if they want help with their tags. The comments in the tag capsule could be approved or denied like regular comments. The ultimate decision would be the author's if the suggestions were taken or not.

9. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Bad idea... Then you get people adding tags that are irrevelant to your hubs, sexual tags, drug related tags, etc... No thanks...

Even the tags upon approval seems like too much trouble especially with the tag suggestion feature that is already implemented.