jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Need help on a special collaborative project

1. karen eini profile image60
    karen einiposted 7 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I posted this in another section of the forum and am trying here as well.
    I am an educator in Israel and I am presenting how to mesh collaborative web 2  tools at an educational conference this year. I  am focusing on Hubpages and Voicethread and  need your input to make this work!

I created a hub called:  What to give a hubber for Christmas and it  includes some very cool web 2.o tools.  One of them is a  voicethread made especially for hubbers for the  holiday season!  In it you can leave audio, video and text comments around shared media. In this case, I uploaded a greeting card wishing hubbers a very happy holiday season. Please share your comments on the voicethread and in my hub, so that I can demonstrate how the combination of these two tools created a unique community!

Thank you for your help!!
    Karen Eini

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

May I make the suggestion that you only post it once in one sub-forum.

Less clutter, less noise, and all the ensuing conversation is in the one place.

2. karen eini profile image60

Thank you for your advice about where to put the invitation. I will keep it here as it is only the second place I posted it and you are the only person who acknowledged it so far.
    unfortunately Im getting the feeling that this idea of mine must be considered noise .
    A post about adsense , clicks and money  had many22 replies minutes after this one in the Off the topic subheading, while this has been ignored .
    Any other suggestions?

3. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

OK I'll bite - you approach is original which is worth a reply. From cynical point of view it looks to me that you are have set up your hub as a sophisticated afiliate sales page and  I say well done because its well written.

In terms of creating "unique web 2.0" communities - I am not sure what you are trying to do - hubpages is a web2.0 user content-generated website.
    The dylan movie takes far too long to load - and I am on a reasonable fast connection not dial up - we are impatient you know in web 2.0

The voice thread - hmm I don't get it - so its a podcast combined with an image - I can do that on my blog easily enough if I wanted to. In fact I have a huge issue with sites which automatically start audio - do you know what percentage of people surf when at work - auto-starting audio can get you fired :-)

Zazzle personalised stuff has been around for a while cafeexpress (sp?) has done it for years - so has my local Tshirt shop - generally cheaper - but I can see the appeal for branding

domain name/hosting - cute idea - but only if you are in a position to teach the person how to set up a site etc.

In terms of academic research - sorry but when I considered doing academic resarch you had to produce significant new data or intrepretations and have it reviewed by your peers - I see little of academic value in your hub - but its a cool internet marketing idea LOL

4. karen eini profile image60

Thanks!!! Lissie!
    I appreciate your input!
    I understand everything you are saying.
    You have helped me clarify my ideas to myself
    I will rework my hub according to what I really want to acheive and that is the call for  collaboration on the voicethread..

Thank you for taking the time to respond.
    Karen Eini