jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

"Impressions" question?

1. Rfordin profile image86
    Rfordinposted 4 years ago

I'm pretty new here and have signed up for all the monetary accounts. I don't really understand the hubpages ad program, that said.....

Basically my understang of how hubpages supports it's ad program is by the ad "impressions" that are shown when someone goes to that hub? Is that correct? Or is it by ad clicks like Google adsense? Or Both?

Thanks in advance!!!
    Becky

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is actually by both, although HP does not report the clicks - only the total.

Having said that, it is my understanding that the large part of income from the HP program does indeed come from impressions, not clicks.  Just not 100% of it.

Rfordinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok so I think I may be part of my impressions, but I'm not sure. If I click on my link under my account (not the edit portion) while logged in will this interfere with "organic" impressions?

I ask because I'm guilty of clicking on my own hubs under my account menu simply out of curiosity of what others see. I cant figure out if the impressions I have are from others or from me clicking while signed into hubpages....

On a side note I don't "go" to my hubs outside of hubpages.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the response!!!

1. eHealer profile image92
          eHealerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You have to click on your own Hubs, if your like many of us we tweak and change our hubs all the time. So, HP knows you have to go there and answer  comments and check polls. Don't feel guilty, it doesn't change anything. Hope this helps you.

Rfordinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much! I thought maybe the only "legal" way to click on your hubs was through edit. I appreciate the help!!!

working