jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Does it hurt hubscore if ads are disabled?

1. Julie DeNeen profile image95
    Julie DeNeenposted 4 years ago

Hi all,
    I recently wrote a poem titled, "How I Lost My Virginity". It is essentially a creative writing piece that advocates for abstinence (in other words, it isn't inappropriate AT ALL). However, a moderator reviewed it and decided it was against their policy with Google AdSense and so the ads were disabled.

I am okay with that (since I realize that they have to keep a good partnership), but I wanted to know- I've set the settings on that hub to non-commercial, but I would like to leave it up. Will that negatively affect my hub score or hurt me in any way?

1. Haunty profile image84
      Hauntyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I will just answer the question in the title. It most likely does not hurt your HubScore if you have ads disabled on a Hubs, but because the way HubScore is calculated is not exactly public knowledge, I have no way of knowing. I'm sure someone from HubPages could answer this better.

As for your reputation with Google if you use words that are not ad policy compliant, that's an even harder question. If you really want to look serious, maybe you shouldn't leave that Hub up. But it's just a thought. smile

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have seen no evidence of the score be effected by the lack of Google ads.  That just is from what I have gleaned from my travels around HubPages.

Hopefully, someone with more insight will pop in and give you a more concrete answer.

1. Julie DeNeen profile image95
        Julie DeNeenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well I went ahead and took it down, just to stay clean and on good terms with everyone! Thanks for taking the time to respond! smile

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
          Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good luck! I have taken two hubs down over the months I have been here for some similar reasons...altered a few titles as well to be able to display ads. The filters seemingly focus on the words in the title, not necessarily the hub itself.

working