Taking action against thieves

1. Bard of Ely profile image89
    Bard of Elyposted 4 years ago

I have had enough of people who steal my material and repost it elsewhere as their own.  I recently reported someone at Flickr.com who had stolen text of mine from a hub about a wildflower and posted under a photo they were displaying. Yesterday I reported a YouTube user for stealing a lot of text from a hub about the Tenerife drought and posting it under their video of Mt Teide. In both cases I had posted comments asking these thieves to remove what they had stolen but nothing was done.

What really annoys me about this type of problem is that not only is it bad enough that people out there think they can help themselves to your work, call it their own and steal your traffic, but that it is usually a quite complicated matter to file a report complaining about this!

2. tamron profile image59
    tamronposted 4 years ago

I see you have 545 hubs how on earth do you keep up with those thieves?  I use Google alerts.  I paste in several sentence with quote on each side of sentences.  Than create an alert.  It emails me if anyone copies my content.

How much text did they copy and did they add your link?

1. Bard of Ely profile image89
      Bard of Elyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I came upon both those mentioned here at random whilst searching on subject matter covered. They were not HubPages alerts.
      The first one stole my traffic I know because she was far higher in the Google search results for the flower in question. This person did leave the HubPage link at the end of the text which was several paras copied and pasted. The other thief took three paragraphs and did not even credit me, let alone leaving a link!